GA Firing Line

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
Alright, posting this here since more people will see it.
I bought an upper that does not have the m4 feed ramps in hopes that the 350 legend will feed reliably. I have not had a chance to hit the range for functional checks. If this doesn’t fix the problem, I’m thinking of getting out of 350. I am some what intrigued by the new round Hornady created, the 6mm ARC. Has anyone done any research on this already? I’ve read reports/articles of it being shot slightly sub moa out to 1200 yards. Would this be worth pursuing, or is there something else into which to look. I already have 556 and 300BLK.

I'd try a PSA upper, and see if that resolves any issues...

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
Those cases are smoked up pretty bad,either the chamber is crazy dirty or a lot of gas blowback between the barrel and case,, what gun is it?
Its a Glockn't. I think the barrel was from Combat Armory. Pretty sure it's gas blowback because the slide didn't seem to cycle very fast and I think it was short stroking. I'll have to swap another barrel in there and see if that fixes it. I've been screwing around with it for a while and it's been frustrating dicking around with it.

Jstegman1

Clown Baby
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Da moon
Its a Glockn't. I think the barrel was from Combat Armory. Pretty sure it's gas blowback because the slide didn't seem to cycle very fast and I think it was short stroking. I'll have to swap another barrel in there and see if that fixes it. I've been screwing around with it for a while and it's been frustrating dicking around with it.

You not a smiff

Reactions: DeanMoriarty and 3x

lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
I'd try a PSA upper, and see if that resolves any issues...

1c46ed3b063d125cb7e5622306887bf2.gif

DuxSlayer88

Patriot
Site Supporter
Dec 30, 2020
Cincinnati, OH
I know a guy, @DuxSlayer88, that has some experience with the 350 legend, maybe he
I know a guy, @DuxSlayer88, that has some experience with the 350 legend, maybe he could chime in.
The upper on my 350 build has the M4 feed ramp and over size ejection port
I know a guy, @DuxSlayer88, that has some experience with the 350 legend, maybe he could chime in.
My 350 legend build was a little touchy at first as well. I first thought maybe a mag issue but after a couple buddies not having issues with the CMMG mags (what I had) I disassembled the upper receiver and found small brass shavings in the chamber. Found a small hang up on the feed ramp as well as the top of the chamber. After some light file/polishing and clean up it ran fine. I do have the M4 feed ramp with oversized ejection port so if your new upper doesn’t, it may solve the issue without additional modification. I will say now that it feeds reliably it’s my go to for deer hunting. Good hard hitting round.

lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
The upper on my 350 build has the M4 feed ramp and over size ejection port

My 350 legend build was a little touchy at first as well. I first thought maybe a mag issue but after a couple buddies not having issues with the CMMG mags (what I had) I disassembled the upper receiver and found small brass shavings in the chamber. Found a small hang up on the feed ramp as well as the top of the chamber. After some light file/polishing and clean up it ran fine. I do have the M4 feed ramp with oversized ejection port so if your new upper doesn’t, it may solve the issue without additional modification. I will say now that it feeds reliably it’s my go to for deer hunting. Good hard hitting round.

That is exactly the problem I’m having.

e707f124c47b699be69f88e0d7d4a293.png

ac5ff8b6e730ce38ae0f72f637fd22ca.png

The barrel extension ramp was acting as a chisel because of the upper’s m4 feed ramps.
It seems to be worse using the Winchester 150gn deer round due to the bullet profile.
The fmj’s are more reliable, but not 100%.

FarewellToKings

To mould a new reality
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jun 21, 2019
Central, Ga
Zip code
Not a 40 barrel is it? :boink: