Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds V3

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
It’s not that someone removed the guts of the door ball detent - they just fail pretty often. And when that happens the ball gets launched, the spring gets stuck halfway out, and most people mar the door trim trying to jam the door shut with the spring in the way.

I just had to fix the same situation on the rental I’m in. Bought a pair of ball catches on Amazon for $4
When I put the new ball in, it was captured. No way it was coming out the top. Also the threaded plug at the bottom that holds the guts in was gone bc someone removed it.

Foothills_edc

Give me sugar water
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Aug 29, 2020
Georgia

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
Mobbed 3! Took the hilly route. Trying to flatten out my pace. Normally I start of fast and end slow. Tried to flatten but ended up reversing lmao.

mile 1: 7:30
Mile 2: 7:15
Mile 3: 6:35

averaged pace 7:07/mile. Feeing good!

View attachment 131060
Good job! I ran 2.2 a while ago - first run since I came down with this "cold". I refuse to let this get me down.

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
I cannot recommend this trigger. The pull is very light, and while firing the roll pin that engages with the safety popped out of my trigger causing the gun to fire when the safety was engaged. ALG makes some good budget stuff but the Ak trigger missed the mark for me.
I stand with this assessment and glad you popped in to speak your experience. I didn’t wanna tell the story for you. That’s a Yuge risk and I always questioned the fit file fit approach with the roll pin

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Half the doors were missing the middle hingepin, tons of hinge screws were loose, a bunch of the screws on the locksets were loose which made the doorknobs floppy...a few of the doors were removed completely and I had to rehang them, God knows why. All the door stops were broken so I replaced all 30 something of them-- Stupid crap everywhere, this is just par for the course.

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I stand with this assessment and glad you popped in to speak your experience. I didn’t wanna tell the story for you. That’s a Yuge risk and I always questioned the fit file fit approach with the roll pin

I don't like the Tapco G2s either even though that MAADI I just got has one in it. I'll get around to replacing it later, I've been really liking the RAK1.

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
I don't like the Tapco G2s either even though that MAADI I just got has one in it. I'll get around to replacing it later, I've been really liking the RAK1.
I like the RAK1 too so far and I’ve been using the FIME enhanced in the krink. @3x has the FIME in his too but I dunno how much he’s shot it

ive got several hundred through the krink right now. 300 ish or so

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code

I'm a strong believer that 922(r) is one of the worst things to ever come out of legislation and is probably the biggest reason we generally don't see surplus FCG's in the rifles we buy. I still remember and thank @KhyberPass for hooking me up with the surplus springs and little fcg parts I was missing when I needed them for my Romy build and was still in my AK infancy...

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
Btw my krink over gassed like a bitch lol. Tosses casings to the moon
Probably will get KNS piston and adjust it even for unsupresssd fire.
Trunnion shows very slight contact with carrier but no penning or anything mostly paint scratching more in tune with disassembly than actual cycling. Carrier looks good. Maybe I am gassed appropriately

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I like the RAK1 too so far and I’ve been using the FIME enhanced in the krink. @3x has the FIME in his too but I dunno how much he’s shot it

ive got several hundred through the krink right now. 300 ish or so
I'll look into the FIME Enhanced...isn't it about 2x the price of the RAK1? How's the pull? The ALG's I've ran across have been outstanding (in the house, haven't actually live fired any) but the pull is just a bit too light for my taste. Edit: I reread and see @foothills has addressed the light trigger pull in his post also

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Trunnion shows very slight contact with carrier but no penning or anything mostly paint scratching more in tune with disassembly than actual cycling. Carrier looks good. Maybe I am gassed appropriately
Didn't your SBR manufacturer have to address gas port issues? I thought I remembered you mentioning something about it...

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
Didn't your SBR manufacturer have to address gas port issues? I thought I remembered you mentioning something about it...
Oh it’s 100% factory OEM gas port, it just had a small doughnut “restrictor” that was pressed into the port for the 16” barrel, all they did was remove that doughnut and allow it to be original size again.

more like ALL Krinkov are over gassed nothing out of the ordinary. Let’s just say all AK are over gassed and the krink even more so

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Oh it’s 100% factory OEM gas port, it just had a small doughnut “restrictor” that was pressed into the port for the 16” barrel, all they did was remove that doughnut and allow it to be original size again.

more like ALL Krinkov are over gassed nothing out of the ordinary. Let’s just say all AK are over gassed and the krink even more so
Ahhh, ok, tracking! I had it backwards, I thought they INSTALLED a restrictor...

3clicks_Off

Practicing Freedom
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 1, 2016
Cartersville
Zip code
KNS is the way but I run a +15% mCarbo recoil spring in the krink also just in case.

Mine is set at 14 clicks in with my can, 9 clicks in without a can.
Mine drops the casing in a bucket a few feet away now vs 30+ feet and everywhere
Reduced recoil, less blow back gas and quieter action too

Last edited: