Flashlights....is It Part Of Your Edc? If So, What Kind Is It?

Howard Law

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
Someone's "EDC" items are different from person to person based on their lifestyle, work, dress requirements, etc. I think we can all agree that gun, knife, and spare mag are probably on every list. I'm curious how many have a flashlight on that list? Not just the million lumens super tactical light that sits on your dresser 90% of the time. How many of you honestly carry a flashlight damn near every day? If so.....what is it? How important is having a flashlight.....overrated?

I personally carry a 5.11 Tactical PLX pen light or Streamlight Stylus every single day. About 50%-60% of the time (when I'm not at work) I also carry a Surefire E1B Backup.

Dirtbike

NRA Life Member (Everybody should be!)
Feb 3, 2016
I know a flashlight should be a part of my kit but honestly I use my surefire at home and is always next to my firearm however except for the light I keep in the truck I've very rarely carried one on my person while stateside, they are a benifical tool for sure though and with 4 Young daughter's I wouldn't feel comfortable not having it in the house