df7ffc20786a895819dd36ab3588e60e.jpg

Reactions: Strider12 and Shemp

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I love my CZ's, but carrying a P01 and Rami gets tiresome after a while. I have a PPS M2 that I like very much, but would prefer a double stack in a compact package.

So far I haven't found anything that has a low bore axis, and not have bulky slidestops/takedown levers, while holding 15 or more rounds. I stopped by CG&P yesterday and picked up a Lipsey's Glock 19 Gen4 Talo Pro and a Glock range kit for $519 brand new. While I'm still not a fan of Glock's trigger or grip angle, I love how low profile everything is on this handgun, and still small enough to carry while holding 16rds. Plus, it comes with steel Tritium NS for less than stock G19 (or in ODT's case, $100 less). It has a few special markings that I have not on the other ones, like a GA Proofing marks on slide and a state of GA mark on the lower where "MBS" would normally be.

Yes, I've had Glocks before, but never really carried one until today.

I would like to change the trigger with something nicer though. Not a fan of the ridges on the factory trigger. Maybe the APEX?

View attachment 23570
Did you consider the Arsenal Strike One? I'm leaning that way...at least to put it up against the VP9. I love the low bore axis, and the lack of custom options doesnt' bother me if it works for me from the factory.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/08/daniel-zimmerman/gun-review-arsenal-af-1/

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
I hate their sights.

I had one, it didn't impress me. Honestly I hate all polymer guns. I only carry a glock because they are cheap, the fucking work, I don't have to worry about the finish, and their mags and accessories are cheap.

I don't own a single polymer gun besides my one carry Glock. Don't plan on changing that either.

DMR

CZ Fan
Jun 4, 2015
Snellville
Zip code
Yeah, I'd rather just buy the Arsenal and not fuck with it. They can be had for around $700. That's a back burner item though right now. I couldn't be happier with the VP9
VP9's grip is fantastic...their reliability has been less than I expected from HK.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoss

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I had one, it didn't impress me. Honestly I hate all polymer guns. I only carry a glock because they are cheap, the fucking work, I don't have to worry about the finish, and their mags and accessories are cheap.

I don't own a single polymer gun besides my one carry Glock. Don't plan on changing that either.
I mostly agree. Poly guns are great options for ccw, but if I were open carrying all of the time out on the ranch, I'd be carrying a 1911 in 10mm.