CZ Fan here....switched to Glock 19

GA Firing Line

DMR

CZ Fan
Jun 4, 2015
Snellville
Zip code
I love my CZ's, but carrying a P01 and Rami gets tiresome after a while. I have a PPS M2 that I like very much, but would prefer a double stack in a compact package.

So far I haven't found anything that has a low bore axis, and not have bulky slidestops/takedown levers, while holding 15 or more rounds.

I stopped by CG&P yesterday and picked up a Lipsey's Glock 19 Gen4 Talo Pro and a Glock range kit for $519 brand new. While I'm still not a fan of Glock's trigger or grip angle, I love how low profile everything is on this handgun, and still small enough to carry while holding 16rds. Plus, it comes with steel Tritium NS for less than stock G19 (or in ODT's case, $100 less). It has a few special markings that I have not on the other ones, like a GA Proofing marks on slide and a state of GA mark on the lower where "MBS" would normally be.

Yes, I've had Glocks before, but never really carried one until today.

I would like to change the trigger with something nicer though. Not a fan of the ridges on the factory trigger. Maybe the APEX?

20170104_160759.jpg

Last edited:

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Very nice! Ive become accustomed to the trigger and my glocks have so many rounds through them the triggers are less tough and gritty these days, so cant help you there. I will tell you that you are on the right track for a drop in replacement though rather than trying to install connectors and random crap by iteself. That crap doesnt work and anyone who thinks theyre great would also probably feel better after taking sugar pills while theyre sick...

Nice find and great choice of a carry gun ;)

cbh13

Millennial Supreme
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2016
Auburn
Zip code
yup come to the dark side. I've tried as many as I can find and I always come back to the 19 for the exact reasons you list. It just works. polishing the trigger really does help a lot on these and you can get a much better trigger with just a small amount of work of course that would still leave you with the ridges on the trigger so drop in will prob be best.

Reactions: hseII

chance

Tracker
Jul 15, 2015
Ga
Zip code
You can go aftermarket drop in trigger if you would like, or you can drop in a 17 trigger. They had to put the ridges on the compacts and sub compacts as a "target trigger" for importation points

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Get a Glock 17 trigger. They are smooth, not ridged. I have been on this 1911 kick and as such have been carrying that little ultra compact 1911 I had listed for a few weeks. I traded it off the other day so that day I put my old ugly Glock back on. Within 2 minutes I remembered why I carry a glock. Sure, the 1911 was slimmer, but the Glock weighed half as much and carries more than twice the ammo. Plus, I don't have to check it for wear and rust each night.

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
How the hell have I never noticed this about the 17 trigger?! I currently own a 19 and a 17 LOL

I should say, most Glock 17's have a smooth trigger. That is unless you get one that has been owned by me, since I swap them out with Glock 19 triggers when I get them. :becky:

20170105_085544_zpsdrfmzlh2.jpg

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I LOVE glocks, I shoot 1911s better (who doesn't?) but the Glock 19 in my opinion is the perfect carry gun.

As far as the trigger goes you have plenty of options from a G17 smooth trigger to aftermarket ones, the 25 cent trigger job is easy and worth it as well as options for different connectors. I have an Overwatch Precision trigger in my 19 and I love it. It doesn't change the pull weight but it feels lighter because it's flat and has less over and pre travel. Some of the flat triggers couldn't pass the drop test in sever reviews I read. The Overwatch and the apex were always good to go though.

IMG_1501.JPG
IMG_1502.JPG

Reactions: Jake and DMR

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I shot a G19 with an Overwatch Precision TAC trigger and as much as I hate to admit it, I really liked it. IF I ever got another Glock this would be the 2nd thing I did to it. First I would send it off to have a grip reduction done to get rid of the huge fucking palm swell and finger grooves.

http://overwatchprecision.com/tac-trigger/

Overwatch Precision TAC trigger:
SmartSelectImage_2017-01-05-09-27-42.png

Cold Bore Customs grip reduction:
SmartSelectImage_2017-01-05-09-30-02.png

DMR

CZ Fan
Jun 4, 2015
Snellville
Zip code
I LOVE glocks, I shoot 1911s better (who doesn't?) but the Glock 19 in my opinion is the perfect carry gun.

As far as the trigger goes you have plenty of options from a G17 smooth trigger to aftermarket ones, the 25 cent trigger job is easy and worth it as well as options for different connectors. I have an Overwatch Precision trigger in my 19 and I love it. It doesn't change the pull weight but it feels lighter because it's flat and has less over and pre travel. Some of the flat triggers couldn't pass the drop test in sever reviews I read. The Overwatch and the apex were always good to go though.

View attachment 23571
View attachment 23572
Looks nice. How is the reset?

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Looks nice. How is the reset?

Sorry for the shitty video, I hope it helps. I don't have a quantifiable way to judge it. But going off how I judge the trigger feel it is shorter and I can feel and hear when it resets better then the stock one. I got the trigger for free so I don't have any reason to convince myself it feels better to justify the cost of that helps any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I'm not a Glock fan, though I do feel like I'll probably own one at some point. I think if I came across the same deal you did, I might just pull the proverbial trigger.

H

Hoss

I love my CZ's, but carrying a P01 and Rami gets tiresome after a while. I have a PPS M2 that I like very much, but would prefer a double stack in a compact package.

So far I haven't found anything that has a low bore axis, and not have bulky slidestops/takedown levers, while holding 15 or more rounds. I stopped by CG&P yesterday and picked up a Lipsey's Glock 19 Gen4 Talo Pro and a Glock range kit for $519 brand new. While I'm still not a fan of Glock's trigger or grip angle, I love how low profile everything is on this handgun, and still small enough to carry while holding 16rds. Plus, it comes with steel Tritium NS for less than stock G19 (or in ODT's case, $100 less). It has a few special markings that I have not on the other ones, like a GA Proofing marks on slide and a state of GA mark on the lower where "MBS" would normally be.

Yes, I've had Glocks before, but never really carried one until today.

I would like to change the trigger with something nicer though. Not a fan of the ridges on the factory trigger. Maybe the APEX?

View attachment 23570
lol, you'll have it listed on here within the month.