GA Firing Line

Have you ever been delayed at a NICS background check

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Feb 4, 2016
Anyone else been delayed in the NICS background check process? For the first time ever I got delayed for 48 hours recently. Was weird since I've probably purchased 20-30 different handguns and AR15's over the years was kind of shocked this happened.

Dirtbike

NRA Life Member (Everybody should be!)
Feb 3, 2016
I haven't personally but I know quite a few that have been delayed, it never seems like ant rhyme or reason to it but the all get cleared,

D

David

Nope, I have never had one delayed either. Though I'd imagine if their system goes down or they have technical difficulties or something they may delay it. I honestly can't think of anytime anyone I know has been delayed or even denied. So who knows.

dennis (OHGO)

dennis (beav)
Mar 1, 2016
ihave , but i think the system was busy . it was only for 3 hrs. but pissed the owner off cause he had to hang around 2 hrs after closing . he said it was like this all week . something with change's in the system. hey dave, how you been ?

Mar 14, 2016
Never had an issue until I got my CHL and now it's almost every time. Ohio needs to follow the other states that use the CHL in lieu of the NICS

Gearhead

Scout
Mar 4, 2016
I've bought several hand guns &several rifles but, I got a72 hr delay when I bought my Barrett M108A. Semi auto 50 call.

Macho Melvin

Hunter
Feb 3, 2016
I use the same @ home FFL for most of my gun purchases. We have an ongoing joke that one day the ATF would catch up to me for buying so many guns. He say's "NOT TODAY" after each time I am cleared to "proceed" with the transfer. He charges me $16 for each call. If he transfers more than 1 gun with one call, it's still $16.