Any regular SET members do NFA engraving?

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
Lqtm because I had one of those POS's and can tell you it for sure doesn't belong on that noveske rifle.

Sent from my Obamaphone on Tapatalk
I'm not personally a fan of them, but would you say that you used one enough or trained with one enough to become proficient with it? Did it cause problems?

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I'm not personally a fan of them, but would you say that you used one enough or trained with one enough to become proficient with it? Did it cause problems?

No not at all because it was so cheap feeling. I ripped it off the second I installed it. I actually knew better the second I got it out of the packaging. There has got to be a sturdier less wobbly and terrible feeling option.

Reactions: Jake

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
No not at all because it was so cheap feeling. I ripped it off the second I installed it. I actually knew better the second I got it out of the packaging. There has got to be a sturdier less wobbly and terrible feeling option.

^^^^Does not operate operationally

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
It's been approved. @Laufen screamed it from the mountain too earlier.

I say it could be a gray area if laufen put a 16" barrel on it then he could cross state lines without paperwork bc it is no longer an SBR. That same logic could be argued to also be applied in this situation.

I wouldn't wanna be he guinea pig.
It's a pistola..well, it was.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code

There are similar products that are one-piece designs. But you kinda confirmed what I thought. It's not for everyone and if you're going to use one, you better train with it. Because it's a totally different manual of arms. Not a bad idea, but not for everyone either.

Don't dismiss something based solely on fit / finish though. The levers primary weakness is that it attaches to a part that can vary widely between manufacturers. Some are loose and floppy, others fit better depending on the bolt catch.

There are downsides though. The different manual of arms being one. If you use it, use it on every gun. Other folks have had legitimate failures caused by it too. In some cases, it can cause a failure to lock open on an empty mag. But others have used it for years without a problem. So that's a gun specific issue.

Different strokes for different folks and all that jazz...