Howard Law

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
93W2UY1-660x660.jpg

"Academy Sports + Outdoors, a southern US sporting goodschain is reportedly pulling modern sportingriflesfrom their shelves in the wake of the attack in Orlando. According to Redit user Potato_Muncher the move to pull riflesfrom the display rack was at the request of the corporate offices in Texas. According to u/Potato_Muncher the rifleswill still be available for sale but not on display leading many buyers to believe that there are no riflesavailable.

TFB also received information from a Academy employee that requested to remain anonymous that there are even more changes. Our informant stated that Academy Sports corporate hosted a conference call requesting all modern sporting riflelightersand other gifts are being pulled from the shelves along with all the airsoft and bb guns resembling an “assault rifle”.

The most shocking development is that the conference call outlined a new policy requiring any sale of more than 10 boxes in a caliber that Academy deems an “assault riflecaliber” will require the buyer to furnish personal information that Academy is planning on keeping in a database, other employees have stated that they were just directed to “report the transaction” with no clear outline on how to do so.

TFB reached out to Academy Sports’ media department and has not received comment at this time, we will update as we learn more information."

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ports-pulling-modern-sporting-rifles-shelves/

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Why not just "rifles"? Why do we have to fall into the trap of over description?

Fuck the shit out of Academy sports if this is true. Fuck them right in the Dicks.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I'd expect nothing less from a shoe store.

SouthernSlammed

Gingerbeard Operator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2015
Fapville
Zip code
Maybe this new record keeping on several assault rifle (whatever those are) purchases, will detour flippers from grabbing them up then... at least there could be some proof of then being a firearms dealer!

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I just sent an email via their corporate site. Not that it matters.
[DOUBLEPOST=1465930398][/DOUBLEPOST]
Maybe this new record keeping on several assault rifle (whatever those are) purchases, will detour flippers from grabbing them up then... at least there could be some proof of then being a firearms dealer!
Meh.

Reactions: Leshaire and Bypass

Bypass

Arrrgghh!!! I'm a pirate.
Mar 25, 2015
Chatsworth, Georgia
Zip code
93W2UY1-660x660.jpg

"Academy Sports + Outdoors, a southern US sporting goodschain is reportedly pulling modern sportingriflesfrom their shelves in the wake of the attack in Orlando. According to Redit user Potato_Muncher the move to pull riflesfrom the display rack was at the request of the corporate offices in Texas. According to u/Potato_Muncher the rifleswill still be available for sale but not on display leading many buyers to believe that there are no riflesavailable.

TFB also received information from a Academy employee that requested to remain anonymous that there are even more changes. Our informant stated that Academy Sports corporate hosted a conference call requesting all modern sporting riflelightersand other gifts are being pulled from the shelves along with all the airsoft and bb guns resembling an “assault rifle”.

The most shocking development is that the conference call outlined a new policy requiring any sale of more than 10 boxes in a caliber that Academy deems an “assault riflecaliber” will require the buyer to furnish personal information that Academy is planning on keeping in a database, other employees have stated that they were just directed to “report the transaction” with no clear outline on how to do so.

TFB reached out to Academy Sports’ media department and has not received comment at this time, we will update as we learn more information."

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ports-pulling-modern-sporting-rifles-shelves/
SMH

Reactions: dougiemac

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Pretty sure they did the same thing with ARs during the last scare

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
After thinking about it a little, I've got a feeling that Academy could probably care less about fire arms and ammunition. I mean, 75% of the local store's floor space is dedicated to clothes and shoes. Fishing probably gets more area than the guns and ammo.

I thought about this because those sales probably don't mean much to them. I'd guess that the start of pewee football probably grosses far more money than the guns and ammo for that month. I'd also guess that the profit margins on football pads is probably double what it is on guns-

I realize that those of us that are pissed about the guns, won't buy the other stuff. But just thinking over all, I don't believe Academy gives a crap about their gun sales. I mean, if Dick's is still around after that BS four years ago, I think they have proven that their business model is still sound even without us gun folks.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
After thinking about it a little, I've got a feeling that Academy could probably care less about fire arms and ammunition. I mean, 75% of the local store's floor space is dedicated to clothes and shoes. Fishing probably gets more area than the guns and ammo.

I thought about this because those sales probably don't mean much to them. I'd guess that the start of pewee football probably grosses far more money than the guns and ammo for that month. I'd also guess that the profit margins on football pads is probably double what it is on guns-

I realize that those of us that are pissed about the guns, won't buy the other stuff. But just thinking over all, I don't believe Academy gives a crap about their gun sales. I mean, if Dick's is still around after that BS four years ago, I think they have proven that their business model is still sound even without us gun folks.
Guns have terrible margin, shoes and clothing on the other hand......50-60%.

Reactions: FatAlbert

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Guns have terrible margin, shoes and clothing on the other hand......50-60%.

I haven't worked in a gun store before, but I did work in manufacturing and know about FOB prices and manufacturing costs. From my experience, the manufactured cost is more or less doubled in the FOB price. Then the retailers more or less double the price again.

At least for general merchandise... Talking with gun store folks, I get the impression that guns and ammo are more in the 10% to 20% range. Basically, the guns and ammo are just not worth keeping in the chain stores- except that they bring in the people buying other things.

Reactions: Laufen