Adding Utah (non-resident) permit

American Revival Apparel Company

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
I plan on attending a class for the Utah non-resident permit with a friend on the 13th. The instructor said he'd give me what's needed for a Florida non-resident permit as well.

Pops

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Maine
Way to go Skip! I did it and got both. I like to travel with a means to be able to protect me and mine! :D

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
A friend and I went to the class this past Saturday I got my applications for both Utah and Florida non-resident permits in the mail just a little while ago. Now the clock is ticking......... :D

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
I found good news today. Florida has cashed my check and Utah has charged my credit card. This means both have the paperwork and I'm hoping to see more from them soon.

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
framedcraig1 said:
Hope it gets there soon Slowhand...
They cashed the check on Thursday. So we shall have to wait and see. I'm tired of having to glovebox the weapons when I go to Augusta, GA from South Carolina. Utah adds 10 States that I can carry in along with those that have reciprocity with my SC CWP.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
I just received my non-resident Utah Concealed Firearm Permit. Today is 47 days after the day I put the application in the mail.

'Tis a great pre-Christmas present.

I'm still waiting for the non-resident Florida permit to arrive. They suggested expecting a 90 day turnaround.

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
It took 55 Days from the time I mailed it. Great, no more having to glove box it going through Georgia enroute to Florida.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
I'll just have to lock the weapons and ammo up separately and inaccessible from the passenger area when going through Illinois. In addition, I'll be praying that I don't have a breakdown, get into a wreck, or have to overnight in Illinois. Unfortunately, Illinois is in the way for most trips we take to the south.

Since Florida is a probable destination (friends live there in winter who live in Wisconsin during the summer), I really need the Florida permit too.

Pops

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Maine
Skip, I qualified for both UT and FL with the same training class. There was a small section at the end of class that dealt with UT only. Maybe your instructor can give you a FL training certificate, after that it is just a matter of money. :)

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
Pops said:
Skip, I qualified for both UT and FL with the same training class. There was a small section at the end of class that dealt with UT only. Maybe your instructor can give you a FL training certificate, after that it is just a matter of money. :)
I did the same thing as you. I sent in the Florida request the same day as I sent in the Utah request. The instructor had fingerprint cards and equipment as well as all the forms, etc., for both states.