Adding Utah (non-resident) permit

GA Firing Line

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
At long last, I got to use my three concealed carry permits (Wisconsin, Utah NR, and Florida NR) on one trip. We live in Wisconsin and took a trip to southern Florida (via Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Georgia), Texas (via Alabama and Louisiana) and then home (via Oklahoma, Missouri, and Illinois). I was legally carrying in all of the states we were in except, of course, Illinois. We had overnight stops (sometimes multiple nights) in Indiana, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma, and Missouri.

Packing everything away to stay legal in Illinois wasn't fun (it required moving a lot of stuff to do it) but we did it.

The toughest part was not telling my sisters that I had my "friends" along with me. They are anti-gun folks.

R

rayzer007

SkipD said:
Packing everything away to stay legal in Illinois wasn't fun (it required moving a lot of stuff to do it) but we did it.

That may have been the last time that was necessary. We'll see what the legislature does at the end of the 120 day period they were given to enact carry laws!

Ray