41P final ruling, goes into effect 180 days from today.

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
Sorry, wasn't trying to be a smart ass. You know how the Internet rumor mill is though. I just talked to Jake at Quiet Riot Firearms. He said it's actually in the language. Basically, you'd have to be fingerprinted every two years.

ETA: @PewPewPewCo beat me to it.
No worries, I didn't have a source at the time.

The way I read it though is that as long as you have something approved every two years in theory you would only have to submit pics and prints the first time and not every two years

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
No worries, I didn't have a source at the time.

The way I read it though is that as long as you have something approved every two years in theory you would only have to submit pics and prints the first time and not every two years
I haven't read it yet, but Jake seemed to think it was good for two years and then you'd have to resubmit.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
He also said the examiners have no idea what's going on. Their phones are ringing off the hook and the examiners were literally hearing it for the first time on the news with the rest of us.

Reactions: Righter13

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
He also said the examiners have no idea what's going on. Their phones are ringing off the hook and the examiners were literally hearing it for the first time on the news with the rest of us.

That's not surprising. I tried to check the site to see he status of my Form 1 and it was crashed

Reactions: DarthVader

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
ATF is exploring electronic fingerprinting in the next 180 days.
That's good news. Hopefully, a system will be implemented where dealers can scan fingerprints at the time of application.

Mortgage lenders have to be fingerprinted also. And they have to choose from a list of approved sites. It's usually some sort of "mail and more" joint with a scanner in the corner. The technology already exists and is networked to the Feds, just being used for a different industry.

Reactions: Shemp

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I've been dragging my feet on filing form 1 for my latest SBR build. When I heard about this I was afraid that the Efile system would be useless, but I just got it done. Probably no more NFA for me for a while.

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
I told @DoglegArms to order me a Innovative Arms Shepherd 45 can today. Sadly I will be waiting of the form 3 for a while before I can even think about the form 4. It will still look great hanging off the end of my Glock 41.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I told @DoglegArms to order me a Innovative Arms Shepherd 45 can today. Sadly I will be waiting of the form 3 for a while before I can even think about the form 4. It will still look great hanging off the end of my Glock 41.
Will something like this slow down the wait times of items already pending, or just the items being filed now? I'm already waiting on 2 cans, one from @DoglegArms and one from @Kunta Kinte. Now the form 1. That's a lot of waiting for someone who doesn't have one of them fancy form 3s.

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
Will something like this slow down the wait times of items already pending, or just the items being filed now? I'm already waiting on 2 cans, one from @DoglegArms and one from @Kunta Kinte. Now the form 1. That's a lot of waiting for someone who doesn't have one of them fancy form 3s.
In theo just the stuff submitted afterwards. But nothing ever goes like it should with the ATF.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
In theo just the stuff submitted afterwards. But nothing ever goes like it should with the ATF.
In theory. But based on the order volume a couple of friends have reported over the last 24 hours, I'd say wait times started growing today. They're already pushing 5 months. It won't take much to push them back out to 6, 9 or even 12 months.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
In theory. But based on the order volume a couple of friends have reported over the last 24 hours, I'd say wait times started growing today. They're already pushing 5 months. It won't take much to push them back out to 6, 9 or even 12 months.
I can do without the SBR I submitted today, but I want my cans.

Reactions: DarthVader