41P final ruling, goes into effect 180 days from today.

Faktory 47

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
Well goshdammit. I'm going to sell some shit to enhance my NFA collection I guess.

Need an AR SBR lower in .223 and another in 9mm for Glock mags. Well, "need" is a subjective term.
if you build it.....they will come (in regards to the atf)

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
there is not CLEO signoff anymore, but photos and fingerprints like a bunch of child molesters.

Yeah, I am done putting items on my trust. From here on out....well at least once this goes into effect, I will be doing everything the individual route.

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
Yeah, I am done putting items on my trust. From here on out....well at least once this goes into effect, I will be doing everything the individual route.
I was reading on another forum that as long as you have something approved within the last two years then you won't have to submit pics and prints each time. Just a memo stating that nothing has changed.

We'll see how it all shakes out.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
I was reading on another forum that as long as you have something approved within the last two years then you won't have to submit pics and prints each time. Just a memo stating that nothing has changed.

Source?

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia

Yea I Keep hearing about grandfathering too.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
I just had my typical phone call from Dad. It always starts with "Hey- whatcha doing?" My standard reply is "Well, I'm at work"

We had a 20 minute conversation about NFA trusts. I suppose everyone in Texas is thinking the same thing as we are here.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code

Well damn. I just submitted my first form 1 back in december. Hopefully I get it back before the Happening

Reactions: Strider12

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
An overlooked bit so far by many people is on Pages 242-243.

"§ 479.63 Identification of applicant. -> (iv) ->(c) If the applicant entity has had an application approved as a maker or transferee within the preceding 24 months, and there has been no change to the documentation previously provided, the entity may provide a certification that the information has not been changed since the prior approval and shall identify the application for which the documentation had been submitted by form number, serial number, and date approved."

That could be huge, if you don't change your trust after the first go around of prints and photos and have an item transferred every 24 months, you don't have to re-submit the prints and photos, just certify nothing has changed. This also opens up a way for the e-file system to still be used.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Having to not resubmit the photos and prints makes it feasible to still use a trust and continue to buy cans without it being a huge bitch, plus you'll have an excuse to buy a can at least once every two years

Reactions: Righter13

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Having to not resubmit the photos and prints makes it feasible to still use a trust and continue to buy cans without it being a huge bitch, plus you'll have an excuse to buy a can at least once every two years

I can't remember when my last one was approved. Or what order they came in for that matter. It was probably either the tirant, octane, or deception. Maybe the Specwar, but I think it was probably earlier than at least one of those others.

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
I can't remember when my last one was approved. Or what order they came in for that matter. It was probably either the tirant, octane, or deception. Maybe the Specwar, but I think it was probably earlier than at least one of those others.
Do a 5$ AOW transfer every two years lol