.22lr Pistol Host

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
How's the Colt?

The "Colt" is just as reliable but has a cheap feel to it. Slide made of pot metal me thinks.

The trigger is really heavy, too, for a 1911.

Love the trigger on the S&W. Wish the mags weren't so dang expensive.

Reactions: Laufen

T-Roy

Hunter
Jun 24, 2015
5bc4cfd2488375c4777fbde6614964e5.jpg

$299 at CDNN

Edit: Don't know if it's reliable yet. So far so good but not enough rounds through it.
I have one that used to belong to Dobbs. He upgraded it to a stronger spring and an aftermarket steel guide rod. I showed it to my dad right after he got his gemtech outback 2, & I haven't seen it since. He says it pretty much runs everything suppressed and unsuppressed. I just bought another one but haven't shot it yet. Will be interesting to compare the stock to upgraded gun as far as reliability.

Well, mine our GS G's, but I'm pretty sure its the same gun same factory different markings.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
For what it's worth, I've had many more ammo related issues with .22 pistols than the pistols themselves. Except for that Walther P22. That thing was trash.

I've heard they are hit or miss- the one I had was a solid miss.
my walther is fine. dont think ive ever had a malfunction with any ammo really. its hideous and has the stupidest mag release in history (well actually not ever but still) but it runs just fine

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
The "Colt" is just as reliable but has a cheap feel to it. Slide made of pot metal me thinks.

The trigger is really heavy, too, for a 1911.

Love the trigger on the S&W. Wish the mags weren't so dang expensive.
That's what I don't like about 1911 .22's. The feel like an airsoft gun.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I'm glad to hear you got a good one- I was pretty unhappy with mine.
yeah i also had a sig mosquito that I heard was the worst 22 pistol ever. worked just fine. no malfunctions i can think of.

now i had a ruger 22/45 or whatever which was supposedly super reliable that didnt shoot about half the ammo i put in it. the tip of the projectile always got caught on the bottom of the feed ramp

Reactions: boss_hawg

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
That's what I don't like about 1911 .22's. The feel like an airsoft gun.

My GSG certainly doesn't feel as solid as a Ruger MK series pistol, but it is far from airsoft feel like the Chiappa 1911-22. It feels like a real gun in my hand and more importantly feels like a full size 45 ACP 1911 in my hand. Not only that, but it has the most robust magazines of any 22 pistol I have ever encountered including the Ruger MK series pistols.

That said, I probably wouldn't own it if it wasn't such a good suppressor host, but then again, I probably wouldn't own any 22 hand guns other than a double action smith model 34 and an old Ruger single six since honestly I just didn't really shoot 22 very much before I got into suppressors........and to be honest I still don't shoot it that much.

I had a sweet Ruger MK III host complete with the Burris Fast Fire III and the custom holster, it was the bomb digaddy dank. That was until the first time I shot it suppressed. It was a loud host that was a pain in the ass to clean. I just couldn't justify having a bunch of money tied up in a loud ass host that was a pain in the ass to clean, especially since I only shot it to show people how quiet suppressors can be.....which again it failed miserably at.

I keep the GSG 1911-22 because it is super quiet and when I shoot it generally the reason I am shooting it is to show someone new to suppressors how quiet a suppressed handgun can be.

Reactions: Laufen

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
My GSG certainly doesn't feel as solid as a Ruger MK series pistol, but it is far from airsoft feel like the Chiappa 1911-22. It feels like a real gun in my hand and more importantly feels like a full size 45 ACP 1911 in my hand. Not only that, but it has the most robust magazines of any 22 pistol I have ever encountered including the Ruger MK series pistols.

That said, I probably wouldn't own it if it wasn't such a good suppressor host, but then again, I probably wouldn't own any 22 hand guns other than a double action smith model 34 and an old Ruger single six since honestly I just didn't really shoot 22 very much before I got into suppressors........and to be honest I still don't shoot it that much.

I had a sweet Ruger MK III host complete with the Burris Fast Fire III and the custom holster, it was the bomb digaddy dank. That was until the first time I shot it suppressed. It was a loud host that was a pain in the ass to clean. I just couldn't justify having a bunch of money tied up in a loud ass host that was a pain in the ass to clean, especially since I only shot it to show people how quiet suppressors can be.....which again it failed miserably at.

I keep the GSG 1911-22 because it is super quiet and when I shoot it generally the reason I am shooting it is to show someone new to suppressors how quiet a suppressed handgun can be.
I'll probably ditch the 22/45 and pick up one of these if the opportunity arises.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
yeah i also had a sig mosquito that I heard was the worst 22 pistol ever. worked just fine. no malfunctions i can think of.

now i had a ruger 22/45 or whatever which was supposedly super reliable that didnt shoot about half the ammo i put in it. the tip of the projectile always got caught on the bottom of the feed ramp
If I'm not mistaken, I believe GSG manufactures the mosquito for Sig.