Your Recent Panic Purchases

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I have the chest rig I want planned out and magpul mags (glock and rifle) with the floorplates with the loops will make it easier to drag the mags out. I am going to use HSGI tacos so they are held in with tension so I want to be able to get a good grip to pull them out. But the chest rig is on the back burner since I dont see them banning them or their prices going up around the election like mags and ammo. it will probably be my christmas present to myself.
Yeah I dont blame you. Hell I never bought one until before I took that carbine course with cmshoot.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Yeah I dont blame you. Hell I never bought one until before I took that carbine course with cmshoot.
thats the main reason I want one. I dont have an ass so I cant put much weight on a belt without my pants falling down. I figure one or two pistol mags on the belt with the holster is about the max I can use without my pants falling. The plan I have is for 3 AR mags, 2 pistold mags, and a IFAK on the chest rig. I like the TACO pouches because the pistol pouches can hold flashlights and multitools really well too.

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
Now is a good time for more mags, that's for sure.

I don't think they will get significantly cheaper in the next several years.

I'm loaded up and ready to make some $$$$ on ARmags
I lost count, but have a 24gun safe stacked top to bottom with AR mags
nuffin else in there

Reactions: dial1911 and Laufen

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I honestly dont think we are going to see panic prices and scarcity like in the past.

1. People can pretty plainly see that hillary will be elected and are buying early
2. Prices are so cheap right now people have been buying anyway due to low prices
3. hillary talks a big game, but unless the left takes control of congress she wont be able to do nearly as much as she wants (at least in the short term)

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I honestly dont think we are going to see panic prices and scarcity like in the past.

1. People can pretty plainly see that hillary will be elected and are buying early
2. Prices are so cheap right now people have been buying anyway due to low prices
3. hillary talks a big game, but unless the left takes control of congress she wont be able to do nearly as much as she wants (at least in the short term)
I think fear is a much more powerful motivator than common sense. If/when she floats another AWB, it'll be as bad as any panic we've had.

Reactions: sam

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I think fear is a much more powerful motivator than common sense. If/when she floats another AWB, it'll be as bad as any panic we've had.
Oh there will be a panic for sure, I just dont think it will be as long as we have seen in the past if the republicans can keep the house and senate. My main reason for thinking this is that after the Orlando shooting we didnt see it like we did after previous mass shootings.

I think over the last 8 years we have had so many panics that never really amounted to anything that people are less likely to go full retard. If anything I think we will see a spike start after she is elected in November and die off around Spring 2017.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Oh there will be a panic for sure, I just dont think it will be as long as we have seen in the past if the republicans can keep the house and senate. My main reason for thinking this is that after the Orlando shooting we didnt see it like we did after previous mass shootings.

I think over the last 8 years we have had so many panics that never really amounted to anything that people are less likely to go full retard. If anything I think we will see a spike start after she is elected in November and die off around Spring 2017.
Just wait til we have a new mascot though.

Reactions: sam

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code

You are assuming people plan ahead because we do. This society is the biggest bunch of fucking procrastinaters ever.

And they will pay through the nose.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
True, I may just be being too optimistic. I am still buying mags as often as I can afford........
It seems like "terrorist attacks" also carry less weight when it comes to sparking new anti-rights legislation. Just wait until some school kids get shot....different story.

Reactions: AtlMedic

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
You are assuming people plan ahead because we do. This society is the biggest bunch of fucking procrastinaters ever.

And they will pay through the nose.

This is a good point, I wont pay stupid prices. I have been holding out on some purchases for if prices do go crazy. I have been wanting a new pump shotgun and a chest rig. If prices go crazy again those will move up on the list to buy since panic prices wont effect chest rigs and in the past havent really messed with shotguns that bad.

Reactions: Strider12

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
It seems like "terrorist attacks" also carry less weight when it comes to sparking new anti-rights legislation. Just wait until some school kids get shot....different story.
I dont know, there was a lot of outcry, especially from the gay community who also typically vote democrat, and the stupid sit in and they attempted to pass new laws that even the left wouldnt vote for.

Dinky Dau

Over Sexed Sr. Citizen
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2015
Zip code
Food Check
Weapons Check
Ammo Check
Water Check
Medical Supplies Check
Fuel and Solar power Check
Trade supplies and silver Check
Toilet Paper, Oh damn need to store more up on!