Your Recent Panic Purchases

American Revival Apparel Company

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Let's not be too proud. List up the stuff you've just bought out of preparation/fear.

For me, I "just needed a few more mags" for the Scorp.

So far today:

3-pack of 30rd CZ Scorpion Mags 11350

11350-3PK

the Preppergunshop.com has some good prices on some items btw.

Reactions: sam

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
I'm not sure if I would call it panic, but I'm trying to buy some things before the first of the year just in case. Bought a 7.62x39 AR, AR pistol, and next will be an AR in 308. When it gets a little closer, I might stock up on ammo.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Been buying extra ammo this year. Had to stop recently... well, pause.

I wouldn't mind a couple more cases of brass .223 and some more 147 grain 9mm projectiles before October.
Yep, I've definitely been spending more than usual on ammo.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
been buying AR mags and ammo, but that is partially because i just got my AR this year.

I have been buying some of the magpul glock mags for my 19. they are about 10 a pop cheaper then the factory ones and have been reliable for me. Ill pick up a couple more factory ones though as I find deals.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
z
been buying AR mags and ammo, but that is partially because i just got my AR this year.

I have been buying some of the magpul glock mags for my 19. they are about 10 a pop cheaper then the factory ones and have been reliable for me. Ill pick up a couple more factory ones though as I find deals.
Ive got a bunch of those. I like them just fine. They all work perfectly for me in my 19 and 17.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net

Now is a good time for more mags, that's for sure.

I don't think they will get significantly cheaper in the next several years.

Reactions: Laufen

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
z

Ive got a bunch of those. I like them just fine. They all work perfectly for me in my 19 and 17.

I only have one right now, but I have a few more on order. I have 3 factory mags. If it can get to 5 factory mags as my "go to" mags and then 10 magpul mags as training and back up mags Ill be happy. I also want to get one of the 27 round magpul mags to try.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I only have one right now, but I have a few more on order. I have 3 factory mags. If it can get to 5 factory mags as my "go to" mags and then 10 magpul mags as training and back up mags Ill be happy. I also want to get one of the 27 round magpul mags to try.
Yeah I got a deal from somewhere a while ago. It was like 3 for $40 or $45. I had a couple already. Theyre solid so far.

Reactions: Patryn

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Now is a good time for more mags, that's for sure.

I don't think they will get significantly cheaper in the next several years.

Thats what I tell my wife when she asks why I keep buying them. I tell her that I am probably never going to find PMAGs for under $10 again like I can get them now. So I buy a few at a time. I have a bunch of Gen2 pmags but I think I am going to start buying the Gen3 since truprep has them for only like a buck more. My OCD wont let me mix and match mags so I think I need 10 of each. after that I think I am going to stock up on steel mags just to tuck away for a rainy day, especially if PSA puts them on sale for $6 a pop again.

Goal is at least 20 for my glock and 20-30 min for my AR

Reactions: dial1911

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Thats what I tell my wife when she asks why I keep buying them. I tell her that I am probably never going to find PMAGs for under $10 again like I can get them now. So I buy a few at a time. I have a bunch of Gen2 pmags but I think I am going to start buying the Gen3 since truprep has them for only like a buck more. My OCD wont let me mix and match mags so I think I need 10 of each. after that I think I am going to stock up on steel mags just to tuck away for a rainy day, especially if PSA puts them on sale for $6 a pop again.

Goal is at least 20 for my glock and 20-30 min for my AR

That's a good start for sure-

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Yeah I got a deal from somewhere a while ago. It was like 3 for $40 or $45. I had a couple already. Theyre solid so far.

I think my plan is after I use them and see that I can trust them I am going to leave them in the chest rig i havent built yet. I like that they have the magpuls available so they will pull from the HSGI tacos easier. I also like that they have the rubber bumpers available so they dont get as beat up training.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I think my plan is after I use them and see that I can trust them I am going to leave them in the chest rig i havent built yet. I like that they have the magpuls available so they will pull from the HSGI tacos easier. I also like that they have the rubber bumpers available so they dont get as beat up training.
Hahaha too damn funny man thats exactly where my 6 are, in my chest rig! I didnt have a ton of logic behind it, I just kinda threw them in there because there are 6 pouches and I had 6 of them I guess lol.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
That's a good start for sure-
I figure absolute worst case, if there is a ban on full capacity mags then I will use 10 rounders for as much as possible to avoid wear and tear on the 30 rounders. I am thinking long term and I plan to leave my AR to my son and want plenty of functional 30 rounders to go with it.

Reactions: Laufen and dial1911

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Hahaha too damn funny man thats exactly where my 6 are, in my chest rig! I didnt have a ton of logic behind it, I just kinda threw them in there because there are 6 pouches and I had 6 of them I guess lol.

I have the chest rig I want planned out and magpul mags (glock and rifle) with the floorplates with the loops will make it easier to drag the mags out. I am going to use HSGI tacos so they are held in with tension so I want to be able to get a good grip to pull them out. But the chest rig is on the back burner since I dont see them banning them or their prices going up around the election like mags and ammo. it will probably be my christmas present to myself.

Reactions: Laufen and dial1911