XDS 45ACP

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
mayonardo said:
I like .45s. I carried a Model 1911 off and on in the Navy over an eight year period and maintained combat qualification with the Marine Corps for that arm. It is one of my favorites, but that said, I would take a full size .45 over a small one. I am familiar with it and I shoot it well, which is the main point for me.

Is it safe to say you did not carry it concealed during those 8 years?

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
Indigowolf said:
A 1911 is real easy to conceal in a Small Of Back holster. The SOB and IWB placed at 5 O'clock was better than my shoulder holster.

I bought a shoulder holster for my 1911 once and hated it. Anything thin is good for IWB carry IMO.

R

rayzer007

I've got an Alessi horizontal shoulder rig that came with the Combat Commander that isn't too bad; especially with the 2 magazines for counter balance. Not saying I would want to wear it all day, but for a short mission it's acceptable. I put some children's craft sponge material under the two shoulder straps for comfort and grabbiness.
I also have an older JackAss shoulder rig for my model 37 Airweight that is very wearable.

Ray

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
I can see where they would have better use in colder weather where you could wear a coat or something over it. Kinda hard to hide down south here, where we switch from short sleeves in the summer to long sleeves in the winter. Not to much coat action going on down here.

mayonardo

What Would Paladin Do?
Yep, never carried to concealed. Big leather holster and duty belt. I think an SR1911 in a Bullard Bodyguard would conceal just fine. With a jacket, even better. Well... When I hit the lottery, oh, wait... You gotta buy tickets first....

Mayonardo
iPad & Tapatalk

R

rayzer007

lws380 said:
I can see where they would have better use in colder weather where you could wear a coat or something over it.

One of the bennies of the cooler/cold Buffalo weather. A light weight parka will conceal everything and anything! The .45 round does so much better than the lesser counterparts when facing flannel shirts, hoodies and Carhart jackets layered together.

Ray

Jim_Import

Scout
Jun 9, 2012
SW Missouri
Got mine today, traded in a Ruger p345 for it, hope I don't have regrets. Haven't had a chance to do anything but read the manual and admire. I was suprised to trade for $162.00 difference.

Gealousy

Hunter
Jun 9, 2012
Sorry for the delay! Shoots great for a 3.3" .45!!! I'm on the XDtalk forum and there are a lot of guys complaining about problems but I haven't seen any with mine. I have a 100 through it and it's awesome! Hoping to put another 100 through this week. Based on what I've read an priblems would likely have presented themselves by now. Here is one shot. I polished the barrel this weekend. Sweeeet.

- Gealousy

Gealousy

Hunter
Jun 9, 2012
Thanks Trigger! Here's one more but I've since taken the Hogue Jr. off, it kept sliding down a bit at the range...

- Gealousy

Kokopelli

Hunter
Oct 11, 2012
East Tennessee
These are dandy little 45's.. They're a little rough on the hand for 100 round range sessions, so I thought I'd give the Talon applique a try. It feels and looks pretty good, but I haven't had it to the range yet.. Ron

DSC09116.jpg

M

mukwah

Grips look good! Ordered my extended mag from Springfield, hope it's here before Friday! Like the light also!8)

Kokopelli

Hunter
Oct 11, 2012
East Tennessee
mukwah said:
Grips look good! Ordered my extended mag from Springfield, hope it's here before Friday! Like the light also!8)

I think they'll be ok. They feel good.. I'm a big fan of tactical lights on house pistols and for $74 with 2-day shipping I couldn't resist. I would have gotten the laser model, but the reviews on the streamlight compact lasers are not very good. I really like the insight mounting system a lot better, but they're still using incandescent at 40 lumen. The streamlight TLR3 is LED and 90 lumens. It's not like having my fullsize streamlights, but it's suitable for the ting house pistol.. Ron