American Revival Apparel Company

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I'm just curious why everyone seems to think that SBRing a rifle is the bee's knees. I'm not saying you shouldn't build one, I don't care. I don't think we should have to pay $200 to have a shorter rifle or ANY infringement on our ability to own guns of any variety. I'm just trying to understand why people seem to be SBRing guns more and more.

I don't know anyone that actively carries an SBR in a backpack or briefcase everyday (except a couple cops). I'm nto saying nobody carried one, but I know a lot of people that have SBRs and their EDC is a pistol. The only reason I'd want one is if I could carry it with me each day. A truck gun doesn't really need to be an SBR since if you can safely get to your truck you could safely get to the 16" carbine inside...not to mention the possibility and extreme headache of an NFA gun being stolen if your vehicle gets vandalized.

For home defense a rifle caliber SBR ( even 300 BO) isn't really a good choice unless you KNOW you won't miss and send a round into the room behind the perp. Even 9mm and .45 can go through most walls nowadays...

None of us are clearing rooms searching for ISIS....

Aside from a few niche and expensive calibers the average intermediate rifle cartridge will lose energy and range in SBR configuration...in some cases becoming about as effective as hot 10mm out of a handgun.

So....why?

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
And there's like 75 Isis agents living within 2 miles of me. Oh it's true. Saw it on Fox news.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A

Reactions: Shemp

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Well...this was worthwhile. I guess there is no real reason other than Superbowl Syndrome. That's not a problem, I was just wondering if anyone had a good argument I could use against an anti-gun student in one of my classes. I can't come up with one other than "because 'Merica".

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Because in my situation a rifle is the best option for home defense. Because I value my hearing, a suppressed rifle is the best option for home defense. Because a suppressed 16" rifle is hella long when the can is attached, a suppressed SBR is the best option for me for home defense.

and anyone who wants to argue against gun rights is too stupid to waste your time with, and instead I like to respond, "because fuck you."

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
For me it was two fold. One was to keep all.22lr subsonic and therefore very quiet when shooting suppressed. The other was for portability.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I'd take a shoulder fired gun over a pistol for sd most of the time. If I worked outside of the house it'd be extra motivation to sbr the Scorpion. At this point, I don't.

The main reason would be ease of concealment in a backpack.

Reactions: BackWoods

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Because in my situation a rifle is the best option for home defense. Because I value my hearing, a suppressed rifle is the best option for home defense. Because a suppressed 16" rifle is hella long when the can is attached, a suppressed SBR is the best option for me for home defense.

and anyone who wants to argue against gun rights is too stupid to waste your time with, and instead I like to respond, "because fuck you."
Not every "why do you need" question comes from a place of anti-gun rights. Sometimes it's an honest question looking for an honest answer, like "I don't need it, but it's a better option for me".

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
The question came up in a discussion in class and I had to real answer other than what I already stated. We can shrug off these questions with the standard redneck "Fuck You" response these libs are hoping for to further cement the "gun owners are backwards rednecks" meme....but we do so at our own peril. These are the kinds of questions that will very soon start to be asked in Congress if the country is stoopit enough to put Hillary in office. Hell, if the idiot ideologue Trumps wins we may also have to deal with these questions.

Unless we can unite and provide real, solid answers all we do is give the anti's popular power against us.

I didn't want this thread to go political....I finally have the means to get my Krink and am beginning to wonder why I should spend so much money on something that until the Chicoms invade or the Z-virus takes hold is just a toy.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
For me it was two fold. One was to keep all.22lr subsonic and therefore very quiet when shooting suppressed. The other was for portability.

Not being combative, but do you carry the suppressed 22 with you? If not, why is portability a concern?

T-Roy

Hunter
Jun 24, 2015
As NWS said, because a suppressed 16" is a big unwieldy hunk of steel. I never cared about having one till I started getting suppressors. Also, not all of us were lucky enough to be 6'5", lol. My 10.5" sbr to me is probably like a 16" rifle is on you.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
The question came up in a discussion in class and I had to real answer other than what I already stated. We can shrug off these questions with the standard redneck "Fuck You" response these libs are hoping for to further cement the "gun owners are backwards rednecks" meme....but we do so at our own peril. These are the kinds of questions that will very soon start to be asked in Congress if the country is stoopit enough to put Hillary in office. Hell, if the idiot ideologue Trumps wins we may also have to deal with these questions.

Unless we can unite and provide real, solid answers all we do is give the anti's popular power against us.

I didn't want this thread to go political....I finally have the means to get my Krink and am beginning to wonder why I should spend so much money on something that until the Chicoms invade or the Z-virus takes hold is just a toy.

1. Safety (better accuracy from a shoulder fired firearm vs. pistol) when using as a self-defense implement.
2. Less cumbersome when used in conjunction with additional hearing protecting accessories (suppressors).

T-Roy

Hunter
Jun 24, 2015
1. Safety (better accuracy from a shoulder fired firearm vs. pistol) when using as a self-defense implement.
2. Less cumbersome when used in conjunction with additional hearing protecting accessories (suppressors).
Don't you want to mention that the shorter barrel is more rigid and therefore more accurate so you and I can rehash an argument for old times sake, lol?

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Don't you want to mention that the shorter barrel is more rigid and therefore more accurate so you and I can rehash an argument for old times sake, lol?

There's no argument that a short barrel has the same or better mechanical accuracy of a long(er) barrel. It's fact.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I wish I had The answer you're looking for, but for me it really is just "because they're awesome and I can."

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
If every gun I owned had to have a practical, utilitarian purpose I'd probably own 4-5 guns instead of 50-60. Remember what the second amendment is for. We have the right to be prepared for anything, regardless of how unlikely it may be.