• I literally cannot live without hot sauce

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I love hot sauce so much and am constantly trying to find new ones. Here are some of my favorites:

Ruben's Hot Sauce - I got this one free from a FB ad once and I am hooked. I just ordered 5 bottles of it lol. Its a habanero base, lots of carrot it tastes like. Its about a 3/10 on the hot scale. Nice thick texture, goes good on about anything. Absolute favorite flavor of them all. Wish it was hotter though.

El Yuceteco Red Habanero - Great flavor, decent consistency and texture, perfect amount of heat around 5/10 on the hot scale. Habanero based with onion and some other flavors. Very Mexican tasting and only really goes great with Mexican food but its my top Mexican style sauce for sure. You can get it at Publix for 6-7 bucks.

Secret Aardvark Hot Sauce - Cheap and pretty good. 3/10 on the hot scale. Habanero base, lots of tomato flavor, half runny half nice texture. Goes good on about anything but leans towards Mexican food.

Bottle Rocket Hot Sauce (Hottest) - My buddy owns this one so I am kind of obligated to like it. 2/10 on the hot scale. Def needs some xanthan gum or something on the texture side, it is very runny and the oils separate from the peppers very quickly. Red habanero with ghost peppers which I def don't believe unless they just waved some ghost peppers around in the same room lol. Flavor is great though and it goes good on anything.

Truff Hot Sauce - BALLERRRRR texture and constancy. They nailed that part. Flavor is WEIRD though, took some getting used to. It is made with black truffles which threw me off. 2/10 on the hot scale. Flavor goes great on pizza, chicken, and some others. Pretty specific though as its NOT good dumped on anything.

Tobasco - Goes on 99% of the shit I eat. Who doesn't like vinegar, salt, and red pepper lol. 1/10 on the hot scale.

Buffalo Wild Wings Blazin - Now this one is actually hot. 9/10 on the hot scale. Great flavor but its buffalo so it's best on chicken and the like. Cayenne, red chili, jalapeño, and habanero peppers. I usually pour a LITTLE into a another buffalo sauce to spice it up for wings or in my ranch for fries or whatever. Great flavor but too hot on its own tbh.

What sauces am I missing out on??

Last edited:

Okuma

Proprietor
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 26, 2016
Zip code
I like Valentina in the orange/yellow label. Good flavor without being overly hot. I don’t like the hotter black label as much.

Texas Pete is good too.

Last edited:

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Put this shit on everything.It’s about as good as it gets for me. I blew out my taste buds in my 20s. No way I could tell something need xantham gum. View attachment 114623
Franks aint bad. I lump it in with Tobasco, Louisiana, Texas Pete, Krystal, Cholula etc. They're all fermented chili peppers and like nothing else hardly lol.

erkinator 2

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Long long ago before you were born, my buddies and I used to have 3 mile Island wing eating contest along with whole garlic cloves. Hotter the better. Can’t take that shit now I just like a nice flavor. Tabasco does nothing for me I think it taste like shit

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Putting tabasco in MRE's was the best thing the military has ever done...

Reactions: 1776 and dial1911

lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
If you want to try the taste of pain, see if you can find Dave’s Insanity Sauce.
I’m still traumatized from that stuff.
It even says on the bottle “can be used to remove oil stains from driveways”
I believe it.

• Haha
Reactions: dial1911 and Hayata
Sep 11, 2019
Jacksonville
Buddy in the Corps told me about Daves. Said put 1drop in a Big pot of chile. I finally saw it in Meiers on clearance and grabbed 4 bottles. When I got home I looked at the receipt to see the cost and saw they were like $7. Having never had $7 hot sauce I popped the top, stuck my pinkie in the cap and twisted. Popped pinkie in mouth......hrmm...... not bad..........then I tried to breathe in. Nothing! Out...Nothing! Was stuck like that for probably 30 seconds. That never happened before! Took it to church once. We had a young black man who was vegetarian. We had beef stew, so he grabbed a slice of bread and my Daves Insanity sauce. I told him it was hot. He blew me off on how he ate hot sauce and none were hot to him. I watched as he covered it like it was ketchup. He took a big bite and then started screaming. His face actually turned reddish! He was crying and drooling and nose running and hiccuping all at the same time. Took him about 25 minutes and all of the milk and bread to cool off. He couldn’t believe it could be that hot. Even my family in Mexico won’t touch my hot sauce. At my church the Mexicans would ask, “Is it hot, or Scott Hot???”

Tabasco & Cholula Chipotle is tasty. Tabascos Habanera is great on eggs. Carol Shelby Chile seasoning with all the packets, a dozen Jalepeños and some Daves makes some good eating. I add stew meat browned, good ground chuck, multiple types of beans, whole corn & mushrooms. Don’t forget the Masa in it with cornbread!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: 2Glocks

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
Louisiana
Crystal
Franks
Siracha
Tiger

I don’t particularly enjoy Tabasco or Texas Pete.

I go for Dave’s Gourmet Insanity Sauce when I need to trace food through my digestive system by feeling the burn.

Reactions: 2Glocks

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Damn Im disappointed in myself that I forgot my absolute favorite Mexican style/flavored hot sauce! El Yuceteco red is amazing and a good 5/10 on the hot scale. About perfect in every way. Updating OP now.

Reactions: 3x

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Can we all just admit that hot sauce belongs in the refrigerator.
I used to leave it in the pantry until I made my own and learned that they dont have to be in the fridge but if they are they last way longer. So if it's a bottle im gonna crush in a month I dont bother, but if it's one I don't use as often I slap it in the fridge.