Whats up with these "Solvent Catcher" devices

GA Firing Line

Liberty

nitrocellulose dispenser
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2015
Ga
Zip code
I think the NFA is BS, but the tax on cans is not un-constitutional.

Hmmm, how about we start taxing paper used for legal documents at $200 per sheet and see how many attorneys disagree with you.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Hmmm, how about we start taxing paper used for legal documents at $200 per sheet and see how many attorneys disagree with you.
Apples and oranges. What's unconstitutional about the tax on nfa, and if it is, why hasn't it been eliminated?

Liberty

nitrocellulose dispenser
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2015
Ga
Zip code
Apples and oranges. What's unconstitutional about the tax on nfa, and if it is, why hasn't it been eliminated?
It is no different than a $200 tax stamp per handgun, or a poll tax, or a tax for a jury trial. A tax hindering citizens from exercising their constutional rights is inherently unconstitutional.

Reactions: freedom

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Nothing but troutle!

Do the math :
Dobbs ARC22 - $150 + stamp $200 for total $350

Solvent trap: $249 (why not less than $150?) + $10k and 10 years in jail if caught not registered. If registered + 200 for stamp for total of $449.

Reactions: KGmade

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
It is no different than a $200 tax stamp per handgun, or a poll tax, or a tax for a jury trial. A tax hindering citizens from exercising their constutional rights is inherently unconstitutional.
Are you required to pay the tax on all arms?

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Catch cans minus a hole is the same as an 80% lower. Legal yes not tracked hmm I dunno about that because it's so close to a sound dampening device it's crazy. From a prepared standpoint you've got a can if SHTF just punch out the center. If you want a 30 cal can for less than $500 well you've saved $ but risk bad engineering on your part cause you sipped the suds while you thought you were making a suppressor. Your best bet is just call @DoglegArms and have him order you an ARC30 and trust the professionals.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Not yet, but let your people get a couple more on the high court and Red Rider bb guns will be in danger.
Ok, so which Constitutional Amendment does it infringe upon and how?

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Technically, a suppressor is not a firearm. It does not enhance a firearm's shooting ability nor make it fire more than one shot per trigger pull. It adds to the length of a firearm so why different than a muzzle device? It suppresses the muzzle blast but not the sonic Crack of a projectile. Tell me again why it is an NFA item. Government figured out a way to collect additional revenue.

NFA items were not the cause of the rampant crime in the 80's. Did the Street Sweeper shotguns really get used in mass muggings? Hell, most people thought you had to be a dealer, law enforcement or FFL holder to own FA or cans even before 1986. I still find people who think that today!

How about the "Saturday Night Special" handguns that were cheap and easy to get used and throw away? The media touted the SNS as the #1 reason for the crime rates! Why didn't the inexpensive handguns get taxed or banned? That is because the firearm's manufacturers wouldn't let them. They had lobbyist to to steer the politicians away from their product.

NFA taxes aren't infringementsure on our constitutional rights, more like taxation without representation! Sheepshead, fargin' young people!

Reactions: Cudruln and Jake

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Likely will not happen in the USA.
The only way I see it happening is if the dems realize that it will take compromises to pass the laws they want. I could see removing Suppresors from the NFA in return for some other infringement.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I don't think either political party will have much to do with it. It is more about revenue. Always about money.

I think it should be removed from NFA and as long as the tax is paid when can is purchased there should be no reason to make you wait. No different than buying a gun or ammo. Should be treated like any other accessory. Except maybe filling out the 4473.

Sorry @Cudruln, didn't mean to step on your dreams. I wish you many happy unicorns and rainbows. I wonder how the other countries who allow walk in purchase of Suppressors accomplished this?

Reactions: Cudruln

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I don't think either political party will have much to do with it. It is more about revenue. Always about money.

I think it should be removed from NFA and as long as the tax is paid when can is purchased there should be no reason to make you wait. No different than buying a gun or ammo. Should be treated like any other accessory. Except maybe filling out the 4473.

Sorry @Cudruln, didn't mean to step on your dreams. I wish you many happy unicorns and rainbows. I wonder how the other countries who allow walk in purchase of Suppressors accomplished this?
Very simple. They don't have as many stupid people running the country.

Thanks for keeping the dream alive.

Reactions: KGmade

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I am waiting for the day I can walk into a store (or a house) to buy a suppressor and walk out with it.
You can.....in France. You can buy a suppressor like you'd buy a pack of ear plugs.

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
You can.....in France. You can buy a suppressor like you'd buy a pack of ear plugs.
Well last time I checked I don't live in France. Would they be upset if I went there to buy one and transported it back over here?

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
France has hairy wimminz though. Ewwww, gross.
Yeah, you've obviously never been to a park at lunchtime in the summer in Paris, or a beach in Marseille. The women are about 10 notches above what you'll see strolling down the typical US street.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Well last time I checked I don't live in France. Would they be upset if I went there to buy one and transported it back over here?
They wouldn't be upset, but you'd get hammered at customs.