What's for supper?

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Verticoli

Personal philosophy? Clothing optional.
Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
rayzer007 said:
How was the Cajun grouper Vert? Looks real good.

Ray

I'm inbetween jobs and start the new one Mon. So, I'm getting out a bit and enjoying stuff. That grouper was amazing on the pasta rice. What do you call it cuscus?

M

mukwah

Looks like cuscos, tastes better than rice! JMHO

Sent from my Droid Razr using my trigger finger.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
Looks good Vert! Another salad for me tonight. This one with craisons, walnuts, red onion, egg whites, grilled chicken, and mandarin oranges with honey mustard dressing.

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
I got totally floored last night with the spaghetti my wife made last night, it had the best sauce I think I have ever tasted. I kept asking her what she did different and she was really hesitant to tell me. Later on last night I finally got it out of her. You see her friend told her to put a shot of vodka in the sauce!!! I bout fell to the floor! But I guess since no children was eating it, it is OK but it sure was good. I think any alcohol most likely got cooked out or maybe I was just thinking it was that good because of the vodka! Either way I really enjoyed my 3 quite large helpings of spaghetti. :p

Sarge

Woodsman
Jun 15, 2012
Florida
rayzer007 said:
I was all excited today. We were going to have steaks on the grill. For the last two years we have bought a 1/4 cow and not had good luck with the steaks. Today, they were almost inedible, what a disappointment; no more 1/4 cow purchases for us! The salad, fried mushrooms and red potatoes were good.
I haven't had a good steak in the longest time. :(

Ray

This entire thread has made me hungry! I'll be thinking about you tonight Ray, as I cook two Porterhouse steaks, brushed with Italian dressing, on my Weber kettle grill using Kingsford charcoal. :)

Verticoli

Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
That's exactly what I do sarge. Kingsford, Weber, brush with Italian, etc. Here's a secret, asparagus brushed with sesame oil. Throw that on there and char it some and it's great.

M

mukwah

Hey guys, I've got a great idea for the name of a restaurant, Verti's Place!!!LOL

R

rayzer007

Sarge said:
This entire thread has made me hungry! I'll be thinking about you tonight Ray, as I cook two Porterhouse steaks, brushed with Italian dressing, on my Weber kettle grill using Kingsford charcoal. :)

Where do you buy your steaks Sarge?

Ray

Sarge

Woodsman
Jun 15, 2012
Florida
rayzer007 said:
Sarge said:

Where do you buy your steaks Sarge?

Ray

Publix Supermarket...it's a large grocery chain here in Florida. Well, it's time to fire up the Weber! :)

R

rayzer007

What were the different dishes Verti? It certainly didn't look like the typical McDonald's fare! :D

Ray

Verticoli

Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
Wow, we had everything. Corn relish, cottage cheese, beets with horseradish and apple butter on the garnish tray, oysters and marrow bones for appitizers, salad, prime NY strip steak with fried egg plant, potato and tiramisu for desert. Bread, drinks, cigars, etc. How I roll, I'm a foodie.

They also featured, "Deadlist Catch" crab legs for 63 bucks a pound and a half plate. Sooo tempting but I love the prime steaks.
If ever in Clearwater, Florida and you want to impress ole Verticoli, uh, http://www.heilmansbeachcomber.com/

M

mukwah

Wow, that's what I'm talking about Verti! Eat, drink and be merry! Then smoke a good cigar!

redmond

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Western WA
Wow - what a spread. Very nice, very nice indeed.

Having both Steak and King Crab legs (Snow Crab in a pinch) is an option too (just sayin'). Here in the Seattle area we see the Alaska crab as it comes in from the fishing companies (mostly Trident and Ocean Beauty).

Most of the Deadliest Catch boats/crews are based in the Seattle area. A bit cheaper here, but not inexpensive.

Verticoli

Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
I know, it's crazy. People say they wish they had my metabolism and I say "Why? It's like having a car that's fast but gets 6 mpg".