Howard Law

Glock 21

Woodsman
Mar 26, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Any trout fishers on here in the north Ga area? Haven't been in years and looking for somebody to tag along with.

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
you know, a certain range we frequent stocks trout in the creek. If you go down stream a couple hundred yards from where the road ends there is a little pool so full of trout you can walk across it. We should go.

Glock 21

Woodsman
Mar 26, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
you know, a certain range we frequent stocks trout in the creek. If you go down stream a couple hundred yards from where the road ends there is a little pool so full of trout you can walk across it. We should go.

Sounds great man didn't know anything about the trout up there

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Sounds great man didn't know anything about the trout up there

Yeah, not sure there is enough room to fly fish them, but my dad and I had a a blast one day with some small hooks and a can of salmon eggs. They were hitting just as fast as the egg hit the water. I think the creek dries up in the winter though, so we may have to wait until after they have stocked it a time or two this year. They normally stock it a week or so before a big event.

Reactions: Glock 21

Glock 21

Woodsman
Mar 26, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Yeah, not sure there is enough room to fly fish them, but my dad and I had a a blast one day with some small hooks and a can of salmon eggs. They were hitting just as fast as the egg hit the water. I think the creek dries up in the winter though, so we may have to wait until after they have stocked it a time or two this year. They normally stock it a week or so before a big event.

Oh I can't fly fish just spin cast for me. Just give me a heads up and I'll take make sure I'll be off on a Saturday or Sunday

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Oh I can't fly fish just spin cast for me. Just give me a heads up and I'll take make sure I'll be off on a Saturday or Sunday

I am picking up a fishing Kayak also. Going to do some river fishing low and slow. You game?

Bigr hamr

Hunter
Mar 24, 2015
Cartersville
I heard they stocked it, but like you said, not much water their. Where do you fish,around the bridge?

Glock 21

Woodsman
Mar 26, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
I am picking up a fishing Kayak also. Going to do some river fishing low and slow. You game?

Been keeping a eye out for a kayak. Just floated the Etowah and really enjoyed it. Probably about the most stress relieving thing I've done with my clothes on ;) Saw some guys fishing when I was there and they seemed to be doing really well on some small mouths

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Been keeping a eye out for a kayak. Just floated the Etowah and really enjoyed it. Probably about the most stress relieving thing I've done with my clothes on ;) Saw some guys fishing when I was there and they seemed to be doing really well on some small mouths

I am having to buy three so my wife and son can go with, but most of the time I don't think they will be interested in going. You are welcome to use one of theirs if there is fishing involved.

Glock 21

Woodsman
Mar 26, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
I am having to buy three so my wife and son can go with, but most of the time I don't think they will be interested in going. You are welcome to use one of theirs if there is fishing involved.

Sounds good. Best part us both having trucks makes start and end point much easier

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I love fishing, But its been 10 years since I have caught anything big enough to catch. My wife and I have been talking about buying a couple of kayaks or maybe a small jon boat to fish from since we never have any luck fishing from the shore.

Reactions: Mac11FA

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
The Towaliga River is a pretty good float if you guys want to come down to the Griffin area some time.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
This is to show off any aquatic notables you may have caught. I have to find the picture and it will definately garner some remarks for the content but will post of my 10 lb largemouth bass I caught in the early 90's. Fish, frog, alligator, snake, shellfish or mollusk if you caught it show it off!

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
How about sharing some of your bait recipes or unusual bait for fishing. Be it animate or inanimate tell us what you were fishing for and how successful you were.

The most unusual bait I have used to date had to be McDonalds french fries sprayed with WD-40. I had a good friend of my take me fishing on the Chatahoochee one time. He told me we had to stop for bait and imagine my surprise when we swung through the drive-thru. We used bottom rigs and hooked up a fry, sprayed liberally with WD and cast it out into the river. We caught 7 good 3lb to 7lb cats in under an hour. Who knew?

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Any fly fishing folks around? I took up fly fishing in my early twenties and must say that I had a blast while pursuing fish of any type. I did try my hand a fishing small streams and stalked a couple of trout with a Yellow Neal. I never did get into tying my own flies but knew a couple of people that did. I really enjoyed fishing a good popper on small ponds and lakes for some top water action. I had a 7 weight rod set-up and there was nothing more exciting than having that lure hit by a 2lb to 3lb bass in shallow water! Of course, I did have to dodge some golf balls due to some of the waters being on golf courses. I do miss it and I have no idea where that old fly rod is. I found my reel one day looking through some boxes and hope to get an opportunity to get back into it.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
big bass.jpg

Alrighty, here is the bass photo. I know I am gonna catch hell for this so fire away. I was 20 in the picture. Caught on Lake Goodyear at Camp Sidney Dew Scout Camp.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Not really a record book fish but still a nice catch. 1/2 day charter in Cancun and I was one of 3 out of the 6 people on the boat to catch a fish.

cancun.jpg