What are you carrying today?

Howard Law
M

mukwah

Very nice snubby Sarge! What kind of grips are those?

Sent from my Droid Razr using my trigger finger.

Sarge

Woodsman
Jun 15, 2012
Florida
Thanks Rich and Muk. They are Uncle Mike's Boot Grips.

Although I have a number of handguns, I only use three for concealed carry...the S&W snub, LCP, and a Colt XSE Lightweight Govt. Model. I have three holsters for each gun. What I carry out on the street depends on how I'm dressed and the weather. I carried the Model 37 snub for 16 years before I bought my LCP over two years ago. It's hard to believe I've had a concealed-carry permit for 21 years now. Hanging out at the house though, I'm only packing one...usually the LCP or the Smith. The Smith & Wesson has held up pretty good over the years, considering I carried it so much. Like most of you, it's very hard to say which is my favorite handgun...because I like them all! :)

R

rayzer007

All your guns are nice and clean Sarge; I'm sure they will perform flawlessly in an emergency!

Ray

redmond

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Western WA
Here is my current selection of carry arms. Elsie is always part of the mix.

S&W Model 34 S&W Model 36

Springfield Range Officer 1911

LCP Springfield XD9sc

Buck 110
6d555b53-9a16-451e-9137-d3989f6ce594_zpsb02eef2a.jpg

Sarge

Woodsman
Jun 15, 2012
Florida
Nice Redmond! I especially like your S&W Model 36 and the Springfield 1911. I still have my Buck 110 that I got when I was 16. They last forever! :)

R

rayzer007

Very nice collection Greg; that should do the trick for any occasion!

Ray

M

mukwah

Nice redmond, nice!!!

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
Nice collection Redmond. I have a variety of carry weapons, nothing like being able to dress for an occasion, with some variety.

redmond

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Western WA
Slowhand said:
Nice collection Redmond. I have a variety of carry weapons, nothing like being able to dress for an occasion, with some variety.

Exactly. I am least comfortable carrying the 1911 since it is a heavy brute and fairly new to the collection. It works well with an OWB holster. Have to buy some larger waistband pants to carry IWB.

I guess I could lose some weight and not buy new pants... (Unlikely) :D

R

rayzer007

redmond said:
Exactly. I am least comfortable carrying the 1911 since it is a heavy brute and fairly new to the collection. It works well with an OWB holster. Have to buy some larger waistband pants to carry IWB.

Of course a good leather gun belt is also important for any OWB, but especially for the 1911's. Most of the makers will recommend at least 1-1/2" width. I noticed a tremendous difference in "carryability" after buying 2 quality gun belts instead of the cheap thin ones I had been using.

Ray

redmond

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Western WA
rayzer007 said:
redmond said:

Of course a good leather gun belt is also important for any OWB, but especially for the 1911's. Most of the makers will recommend at least 1-1/2" width. I noticed a tremendous difference in "carryability" after buying 2 quality gun belts instead of the cheap thin ones I had been using.

Ray

I have one of Doug's fine gun belts on right now. I highly recommend them!

M

mukwah

Im413 said:
Glock 26 Gen 4 with 124 GR +P Gold Dots
Glock26, nice choice! Welcome to the forum Im413! If you get a chance Post in the New Member Intro section so we can do all the proper meet and greet stuff. 8)

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
I have carried nothing for the last 9 hours. I drove my wife into the hospital for a iron transfusion. Left the house at 8:30 this morning just got home.
I usually take something along and keep in the truck but this morning we got a late start and I forgot to take something.
Went to the hospital unarm which must be that way then went to the bank unarmed which I never do and went to Walmart unarmed which I never do.
I sort of felt naked. LOL

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
Sitting on my front porch reading first freedom I have my 357 snubby IWB Remora Micro and SR9c is sitting right inside the living room by the couch with 17+1 of 147gr Gold Dots.

M

mukwah

Just me and Miss Elsie all day today at work. Gotta love her!

R

rayzer007

I took Elsie (front pocket Nemesis) to church tonight; warm weather still. Three more members (added to the seven current owners) are going to buy one! Several folks got their restrictions (hunting/target only) removed from their NYS permits. Always thought that was a stupid setup anyhow.

Ray