Faktory 47

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
What's the ammo that works best for you when you're running a can? There are some ammo that's dirtier than others. I know you're gonna have some blowback in the lower so I'm curios as to what brass ammo you use to minimize the residue.

becausefu

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
my house
Subsonic 556 does not cycle an AR even with a can. Only way to get them to cycle is with REALLY heavy bullets but they are too long to fit in a mag so that defeats the purpose.

Now in a bolt gun .... a heavy 77 or 75 grain bullet with 4 to 5 grains of trailboss

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
whatever is around really, but i have come to hate steel case because it leaves such a residue between my crown and muzzlebrake. Your can wont know the difference though, everything is going to vaporize and or blow out for the most part.

Reactions: Red Dawn

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
whatever is around really, but i have come to hate steel case because it leaves such a residue between my crown and muzzlebrake. Your can wont know the difference though, everything is going to vaporize and or blow out for the most part.
Using the Specwar K on an AR so make sure it's brass and everything should escape the barrel or ejection port. I think the SiCo can has a minimal blowback if I'm not mistaken so hopefully most of it follows the projectile.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Using the Specwar K on an AR so make sure it's brass and everything should escape the barrel or ejection port. I think the SiCo can has a minimal blowback if I'm not mistaken so hopefully most of it follows the projectile.
Steel case isn't going to harm anything, especially if you leave your muzzle brake or flash hider on.

That k is such a nice 556 can.

On 308 the heavier bullet (168gr or higher)loads tend to meter lower than the 150gr and lower, I'm not sure on 556 if that's the same but you'll be hearing safe regardless.

Also please bring the specwar k to the next metering session

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
It'll be close to Feb before this ones at home. But if Mike is available we can sure meet up and test it

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
What's the ammo that works best for you when you're running a can? There are some ammo that's dirtier than others. I know you're gonna have some blowback in the lower so I'm curios as to what brass ammo you use to minimize the residue.
Suppressed guns get filthy. I can't say I've ever noticed a significant difference between ammo brands, because the gun is nasty no matter what. But I generally follow the "brass case only" rule.

DoglegArms

Silencer Dealer of 2015, 2016, 2017
Jul 12, 2015
Dallas, GA
www.doglegarms.com
Zip code
I mostly shoot XM193 but for no specific reason. I did try steel cased ammo for the first time at the M&G and it ran fine through my can. I'll open it up to see how dirty it is.