Well I am down to my last pack of cigarettes again.

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
One suggestion: If you smoke several packs a day, it might be less stressful to first cut back before going cold turkey. Obviously, cold turkey is best, but depending on your lifestyle & stress, you might want to wean yourself down to a pack a day first. Once you lower the nicotine levels, it will be easier to quit cold turkey without that nagging craving.

Just my 0.02

Bypass

Arrrgghh!!! I'm a pirate.
Mar 25, 2015
Chatsworth, Georgia
Zip code
One suggestion: If you smoke several packs a day, it might be less stressful to first cut back before going cold turkey. Obviously, cold turkey is best, but depending on your lifestyle & stress, you might want to wean yourself down to a pack a day first. Once you lower the nicotine levels, it will be easier to quit cold turkey without that nagging craving.

Just my 0.02
Yeah bro, I have tried that method and I am down to a pack a day right now from the three to four packs I was smoking from way back when I was deployed. I am at the point where I finally have to say fuck it I'm done and see it through. Sound advice though brother. :)

Reactions: sam

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Yeah bro, I have tried that method and I am down to a pack a day right now from the three to four packs I was smoking from way back when I was deployed. I am at the point where I finally have to say fuck it I'm done and see it through. Sound advice though brother. :)
Gotcha, yeah, a pack a day will be much easier to quit than several a day!

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Substitutes for smoking are just that. There are over 200 chemicals in cigarette tobacco and some of them can be as addicting as nicotine. I tried the gum, the patch and cold turkey. I eventually cut down 1 cig a week less until i was down to none. I do vape from time to time although the nicotine content is next to nothing. I, too, lost my grandfather from smoking and his wife passed due to second hand smoke. It is a very tough battle and I still fight with it every day. You can do it!

Bypass

Mar 25, 2015
Chatsworth, Georgia
Zip code
Substitutes for smoking are just that. There are over 200 chemicals in cigarette tobacco and some of them can be as addicting as nicotine. I tried the gum, the patch and cold turkey. I eventually cut down 1 cig a week less until i was down to none. I do vape from time to time although the nicotine content is next to nothing. I, too, lost my grandfather from smoking and his wife passed due to second hand smoke. It is a very tough battle and I still fight with it every day. You can do it!
Thanks man, day 1 is over now two more days until the nicotene is out of my system. The cravings should start to go away after 3 days or so I am told.

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Nicotine is the hardest thing I've ever had to quit. I kept a can of Skoal in 1 pocket and a Camel Lt in the other. Now I keep a Vapor in my pocket. It works for me.

Stay strong @Bypass I believe if you win the mental part of it for a week it'll get easier. After a month you'll start to see signs : food taste better and smells are a lot stronger even more energy.

Good Luck

Bypass

Mar 25, 2015
Chatsworth, Georgia
Zip code
Nicotine is the hardest thing I've ever had to quit. I kept a can of Skoal in 1 pocket and a Camel Lt in the other. Now I keep a Vapor in my pocket. It works for me.

Stay strong @Bypass I believe if you win the mental part of it for a week it'll get easier. After a month you'll start to see signs : food taste better and smells are a lot stronger even more energy.

Good Luck
Thanks bro. Looking forward to breathing better.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I have just gone the majority of the weekend without a cigarette. Since I have been back on night shift I kinda jumped up to a pack a day the last week or so. I was doing well, just had a lot of extra stress!

Reactions: Bypass

Bypass

Mar 25, 2015
Chatsworth, Georgia
Zip code
I just went and bought a carton of cigarettes and smoked one and it tasted like shit and gave me a slight headache. I think I am almost through with it. :) I want the 52 dollars back I spent on the carton now LOL. I could have bought ammo. This carton may go in the freezer to await TEOTWAWKI.

Reactions: dial1911

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
I just went and bought a carton of cigarettes and smoked one and it tasted like shit and gave me a slight headache. I think I am almost through with it. :) I want the 52 dollars back I spent on the carton now LOL. I could have bought ammo. This carton may go in the freezer to await TEOTWAWKI.

Good- I'm really glad to read that post.

And since I said I should throw my name into this hat, I haven't bought any more. Had a pack and a half then, now down to about 3/4 of a pack.

Reactions: Bypass

Bypass

Mar 25, 2015
Chatsworth, Georgia
Zip code
Good- I'm really glad to read that post.

And since I said I should throw my name into this hat, I haven't bought any more. Had a pack and a half then, now down to about 3/4 of a pack.
Right on man. Yeah the further along I get and the more time away from smoking the more I lose my taste for them.

Reactions: dial1911