Vickers tactical Glock mag baseplates

Faktory 47

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
You must shoot thousands of rounds per year, be shooting dirty guns, or be shooting some bad reloads to get an unmodified Glock to double feed more than every 2 to 3 years. Not trying to be a Richard, but that taticool stuff is for shooting matches and mall ninjas. Get a Glock 19, factory night sights, some decent ammo, and a couple cans of Breakfree clp, and you will have years of trouble free operation. Glock mags strip just fine on double feeds, of course I have only run about 18,000 rounds thru handguns, most of them being my reloads. The only time tap roll and rack did not work with a Glock is when dummy rounds were used to create a double feed.

If you ever have an issue that this baseplate could solve on a combat handgun, you should be tarred and feathered.....especially on an HK.
I put 3-4k pistol rounds downrange on average every year. That's not alot to me. However, all it takes is one case of crappy ammo to get alot of clearance drills under your belt. While all of the pistols I mentioned above are extremely reliable, they are only half of the equation. I agree with you guys that it is rare to have a double feed in a quality modern handgun. But my point is that it can and does happen. The one in 1000 chance that it could happen is why those baseplates were designed. I don't say that because I'm a fanboy. In fact, I don't currently use them. But I have used the Vickers Glock baseplates and I do appreciate that they are well designed for their intended purpose.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I put 3-4k pistol rounds downrange on average every year. That's not alot to me. However, all it takes is one case of crappy ammo to get alot of clearance drills under your belt. While all of the pistols I mentioned above are extremely reliable, they are only half of the equation. I agree with you guys that it is rare to have a double feed in a quality modern handgun. But my point is that it can and does happen. The one in 1000 chance that it could happen is why those baseplates were designed. I don't say that because I'm a fanboy. In fact, I don't currently use them. But I have used the Vickers Glock baseplates and I do appreciate that they are well designed for their intended purpose.
If this happens when it counts (between range sessions when your gun should be combat ready) then that's on the shooter. I agree that dirty ammo can have an adverse affect, but your gun should never be at that point 12 hours after a range session.

Liberty

nitrocellulose dispenser
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2015
Ga
Zip code
Those sorts of "accessories" are solutions seeking a problem that does not exist. Much like $15.00 bass lures that only catch uninformed fishermen. I really don't care what kind of beer you drink, brand of oil you put in your car, or type of magazine that you put in your pistol. However informing fellow shooters of a products strong points and weaknesses are my only intention. If you like them, I hope that you will enjoy using the product, and that they will make your shooting more enjoyable and fulfilling.

Besides, everyone knows that .40 S&W is the only round for men skilled in the use of firearms, and that 9mm is for women and elderly gentlemen. It is also widely known that some attempt to compensate for their poor shot placement by shooting .45acp ammunition from antiquated firearms:behindsofa:.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
Those sorts of "accessories" are solutions seeking a problem that does not exist.

Well I suppose that's a matter of opinion. Some might say that they are a solution for a very specific problem. I never found them to be obtrusive. And they are a relatively cheap "upgrade". Their utility depends entirely on what type of shooting you do. Folks who do a fair amount of training, especially training that includes failure drills, would find them much more useful than the average shooter. They also aren't a critical, must-have accessory either.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I am going to pick one up if i find a deal, I think im going to swing by glock next week for an exteded slide stop and a +2 baseplate on one of my mags.