Ultimate suppressed upper?

Faktory 47

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
@DarthVader Hey man the sionics reduced gas barrel is back in stock. Im in the process of collecting parts for a suppressed sbr build while waiting on my form 1. How has that barrel been treating you? Im about to jump on this if you guys are happy with yours.
Mine is running great. I actually tested it out yesterday with some steel cased ammo. I was actually surprised that it ran great. Since steel case is typically lower pressure and I have this gun set up to shoot pretty softly, I didn't think it would run reliably. But it ran through 100 rounds of steel and then 100 rounds of Prvi 5.56. The steel case ammo did exhibit two stuck cases with ripped case rims. But it's steel, so yeah...
Also what is the purpose for the slower unlocking time with the LMT enhanced carrier? The manufacture says it will likely have issues with a barrel under 14.5"

The enhanced carrier has a lot more applicability than LMT would tell you. Bottom line is that it allows pressures within the chamber to drop to a lower level before extraction of the case. That equals greater reliability. It also coincidentally means a reduction in gas blowback.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Mine is running great. I actually tested it out yesterday with some steel cased ammo. I was actually surprised that it ran great. Since steel case is typically lower pressure and I have this gun set up to shoot pretty softly, I didn't think it would run reliably. But it ran through 100 rounds of steel and then 100 rounds of Prvi 5.56. The steel case ammo did exhibit two stuck cases with ripped case rims. But it's steel, so yeah...

The enhanced carrier has a lot more applicability than LMT would tell you. Bottom line is that it allows pressures within the chamber to drop to a lower level before extraction of the case. That equals greater reliability. It also coincidentally means a reduction in gas blowback.
Nice, glad to hear it pretty much cycles everything. Im still reading up on it but see that it delays the unlocking of the bolt. I dig it.
Thanks for the help... again lol.

Reactions: DarthVader

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
Nice, glad to hear it pretty much cycles everything. Im still reading up on it but see that it delays the unlocking of the bolt. I dig it.
Thanks for the help... again lol.
There's a dissertation's worth of discussion on the enhanced carrier over on m4carbine.net.