Faktory 47

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
Oh well.....
I would test fit everything before going ahead with a Noveske receiver build. I bought a non chainsaw lower a few weeks ago, and it was the shittiest lower I have ever assembled to this date. I bought a BCM upper for it and thankfully it fit ok. I have to say I was a tad nervous when I put them together that I was going to have to send the lower back to Noveske. I fondled the Gen 3 receiver sets and they seemed to be miles above the Gen 1 quality. I almost wonder if they outsourced or moved vendors who mill those Gen 1 lowers. It was complete crap.

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
I would test fit everything before going ahead with a Noveske receiver build. I bought a non chainsaw lower a few weeks ago, and it was the shittiest lower I have ever assembled to this date. I bought a BCM upper for it and thankfully it fit ok. I have to say I was a tad nervous when I put them together that I was going to have to send the lower back to Noveske. I fondled the Gen 3 receiver sets and they seemed to be miles above the Gen 1 quality. I almost wonder if they outsourced or moved vendors who mill those Gen 1 lowers. It was complete crap.
I already fired the lower in pistol version. (I always make sure it works before submitting a form 1) Runs fine. Had the wife pin the new upper receiver to the lower and she said it fits fine.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
So I just read this entire thread and am wondering a few things about the few of you that got the Sionics barrel:

When shooting unsuppressed and it functioned fine, what ammo were you using?

Did you try steel cased shitty ammo?

Are you using a 556 or 30 cal can?

Do you still use a standard gas block and return line (not sure the actual name of that sorry)?

Final thoughts on that versus like a WAR upper or piston gun?

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
So I just read this entire thread and am wondering a few things about the few of you that got the Sionics barrel:

When shooting unsuppressed and it functioned fine, what ammo were you using?

Did you try steel cased shitty ammo?

Are you using a 556 or 30 cal can?

Do you still use a standard gas block and return line (not sure the actual name of that sorry)?

Final thoughts on that versus like a WAR upper or piston gun?

I've shot it with weaker brass cased 223, but not steel. If you want to shoot steel cased ammo, you're going to want a barrel with normal or slightly overgassed port. It's the only way to ensure reliability with weak or inconsistent ammo.

I'm running a 5.56 can, but I beleive Righter13 is running a 30 Cal.

I'm running a standard gas block, gas tube and an LMT enhanced carrier. My goal was no adjustment necessary. However, a member on m4carbine.net has been using his with an adjustable block and a heavier carrier than me. That tells me that the reduced port still has some cushion and isn't so tight that it is running on the ragged edge of reliability.

I've spent a good bit of time discussing this barrel with Sionics in real life. The barrel was originally designed for a specific Police Department SWAT Team. Sionics tested it for months to ensure that it would run unsuppressed with PMC bronze, even though the PD specifically stated it would be used with suppressors only. But Sionics wanted to design in some cushion because they weren't comfortable taking the risk that it could be used without a suppressor. They wanted the gun to run no matter what, because dead officers isn't something you want on your conscience. It will run unsuppressed, but steel case ammo could be iffy in the reliability department. It would probably run suppressed though. I'll have to test it next time I get out to shoot.
well son of a bitch theyre out of stock...
They just had another run available about a week ago, but they sell out quickly. Probably have more in 8-10 weeks.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I've shot it with weaker brass cased 223, but not steel. If you want to shoot steel cased ammo, you're going to want a barrel with normal or slightly overgassed port. It's the only way to ensure reliability with weak or inconsistent ammo.

I'm running a 5.56 can, but I beleive Righter13 is running a 30 Cal.

I'm running a standard gas block, gas tube and an LMT enhanced carrier. My goal was no adjustment necessary. However, a member on m4carbine.net has been using his with an adjustable block and a heavier carrier than me. That tells me that the reduced port still has some cushion and isn't so tight that it is running on the ragged edge of reliability.

I've spent a good bit of time discussing this barrel with Sionics in real life. The barrel was originally designed for a specific Police Department SWAT Team. Sionics tested it for months to ensure that it would run unsuppressed with PMC bronze, even though the PD specifically stated it would be used with suppressors only. But Sionics wanted to design in some cushion because they weren't comfortable taking the risk that it could be used without a suppressor. They wanted the gun to run no matter what, because dead officers isn't something you want on your conscience. It will run unsuppressed, but steel case ammo could be iffy in the reliability department. It would probably run suppressed though. I'll have to test it next time I get out to shoot.

They just had another run available about a week ago, but they sell out quickly. Probably have more in 8-10 weeks.
What constitutes "weak" 223/556?
Are you running a standard buffer and spring?
Now that Im pretty happy with the sound of this setup im super upset I cant get the barrel lol. Oh well, Im picking up my lower probably this weekend and my Form 4 was just filed two days ago so I have time...

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
What constitutes "weak" 223/556?
Are you running a standard buffer and spring?
Now that Im pretty happy with the sound of this setup im super upset I cant get the barrel lol. Oh well, Im picking up my lower probably this weekend and my Form 4 was just filed two days ago so I have time...
I classify PMC bronze and Prvi 223 as "weak". PMC bronze, while consistent, has always been on the low end of the pressure spectrum. Alot of manufacturers use it as the minimum standard for function and reliability.

Case in point, back in 2008, KAC introduced the SR15. It was originally ported for function with M855. Alot of people complained that it was under gassed and wouldn't run lower pressure ammo. So they re-ported the guns to function with PMC bronze, as it was the lowest pressure quality brass case ammo on the market.

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
I run it with a sandman S. However I only got to put about 30 rounds through it before I had to leave. It ran that mag fine. It was either 55 or 62gr. Don't remember which but it ran fine.

I also have a WAR upper and when combined with a PRI Gasbuster it's pretty efficient at reducing gas. I ran that also with the Sandman S during the valor ridge class and honestly don't remember having any blowback bothering me and that was about 1200 rounds over two days.

Reactions: Leshaire

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I classify PMC bronze and Prvi 223 as "weak". PMC bronze, while consistent, has always been on the low end of the pressure spectrum. Alot of manufacturers use it as the minimum standard for function and reliability.

Case in point, back in 2008, KAC introduced the SR15. It was originally ported for function with M855. Alot of people complained that it was under gassed and wouldn't run lower pressure ammo. So they re-ported the guns to function with PMC bronze, as it was the lowest pressure quality brass case ammo on the market.
Got it.

Are you running a standard buffer and spring or something specific?

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I run it with a sandman S. However I only got to put about 30 rounds through it before I had to leave. It ran that mag fine. It was either 55 or 62gr. Don't remember which but it ran fine.

I also have a WAR upper and when combined with a PRI Gasbuster it's pretty efficient at reducing gas. I ran that also with the Sandman S during the valor ridge class and honestly don't remember having any blowback bothering me and that was about 1200 rounds over two days.
Yeah im looking into the WAR upper too. Depending on wait times on the barrel I may go with the war BUT I like the idea of no extra BS on my rifle, less moving parts, and less proprietary crap.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
Got it.

Are you running a standard buffer and spring or something specific?
Vltor A5 buffer and receiver extension. Essentially mimics the rifle system in a collapsible stock format. It uses a rifle spring, which is softer than the carbine spring, creating a softer, more forgiving system.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Vltor A5 buffer and receiver extension. Essentially mimics the rifle system in a collapsible stock format. It uses a rifle spring, which is softer than the carbine spring, creating a softer, more forgiving system.
Interesting, I'll have to read up on that one.

You running a standard BCG?

Tired of my questions yet lol?

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
@DarthVader

Primary arms has these on sale. 25% off.
Geiselle Tricon.

http://www.primaryarms.com/super-t/p/super-t/
They've got 25% off all Geissele. But I'm tapped out. Bought 4k rounds of ammo, a new Sionics A5 lower, a 16" Sionics OEM upper and a Geissele rail.

I'm taking the fam to Disney in September, so I'm laying off of gun stuff for a while. I'll probably pick up a couple of stripped lowers and a few LPKs before the election gets too close.

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
They've got 25% off all Geissele. But I'm tapped out. Bought 4k rounds of ammo, a new Sionics A5 lower, a 16" Sionics OEM upper and a Geissele rail.

I'm taking the fam to Disney in September, so I'm laying off of gun stuff for a while. I'll probably pick up a couple of stripped lowers and a few LPKs before the election gets too close.
I know the feeling lol. Picked up a few thousand rounds and what not over the last month or so. Ordered everything to finish my 9mm SBR build. Still gonna be a while before I can even put it together though.

Reactions: DarthVader

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
@DarthVader Hey man the sionics reduced gas barrel is back in stock. Im in the process of collecting parts for a suppressed sbr build while waiting on my form 1. How has that barrel been treating you? Im about to jump on this if you guys are happy with yours.

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
@DarthVader Hey man the sionics reduced gas barrel is back in stock. Im in the process of collecting parts for a suppressed sbr build while waiting on my form 1. How has that barrel been treating you? Im about to jump on this if you guys are happy with yours.
I'm happy with mine. Although I only prolly have about 50ish rounds through it.

Reactions: Leshaire

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Also what is the purpose for the slower unlocking time with the LMT enhanced carrier? The manufacture says it will likely have issues with a barrel under 14.5"