Too much ammo?

Faktory 47

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Is there a such thing as too much Alcohol?

This should just about do it.

Tank_Truck_Fuel_Truck.jpg

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
no such thing as too much ammo...unless you're running out of places to stack it in your house

Reactions: Mac11FA

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
No. Its too useful an item. Takes the edge off a hard day, making medicinal tinctures, cleaning wounds, trading, etc. I would much rather trade off excess alcohol than ammo that might get used against me.

Ha... yeah, the guy you trade a case of whiskey to might be and easy target to get most of it back later that night!

Marcus Allen

Scout
Aug 10, 2015
Kansas
It may not be just about you! It may be about how much can your family carry? How much can you cache away in other places? You might not even be around your house when something happens but you might have a cache at a buddy's house or hidden somewhere else that you can get to! It all about planning ahead! Keep that stuff dry!!!!!

Aug 12, 2015
PA
Yeah yeah yeah, I know I'm going to hear.."you can never have too much ammo". Can you though? If I had to leave the house (last option) for some sort of natural disaster, zombies, etc I couldn't bring it all along. I have pets, people, food, fuel, water...at some point I'd have to draw the line.

How much is too much in a variety of situations?

Ideas?
well, if you have a fully fleshed out plan B, you could cache some ammo in the final location, or possibly along the way if it's far enough. I guess ammo amounts vary on your load-out. In your main location, i'd say at 1k pistol ammo, and 2k rifle would be a good base to start from. Another 500 rounds if you have a shotgun, and you can't go wrong with a lot of 22 ammo if you have one. I'd even recommend putting a pellet rifle into the arsenal as the ammo is super cheap and it's so much quieter than a .22. Great for teaching others, small game, and so on.

Dinky Dau

Over Sexed Sr. Citizen
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2015
Zip code
Ammo is like Toilet paper,, You can never have enough, Just sayin!!

Dinky Dau

Over Sexed Sr. Citizen
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2015
Zip code
Oh Damn I forgot to say...Specifically if things go to Crap!

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I feel it is good to have a solid amount of ammo. If you feel your happy with a 100 rounds or 10,000 rounds so be it. I personally would like to be around 5k per caliber at a minimum. Now as far as storage that is another ball game. If you have a plan B keep some there, in case you had to jump ship and couldn't lug everything off with you. But if that was to happen I would go the extra mile to make sure it is in a very secure place.

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
I have been watching the series "Power" and when Ghost's partner Tommy disappears, he starts checking every where there is a stash to see if the gun and money have been taken so he would have an idea. The ideal thing is to have caches of ammo in various places within your home base/bugout location so that you would not have to carry all of your ammo with you when bugging out. In addition, it may not have a bad idea to have backup weapons stored at same locations as ammo or cached as well.
That's a great show. Old school mobbin'.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I once heard that the only two times that you can have too much ammunition, are if you are drowning or are on fire.
That's if you stay put, but what if you can't? How much could you and should you, load up and take with you? Even if you're staying put, there's a point at which you won't be able to consume the ammo you have, and you would have been better off with additional cash, or some other supplies.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I'm sorry I don't understand. Too much ammo? What is that?
If you were forced to evacuate your area for whatever reason, how much is enough? I don't know about you, but if I took all of my ammo, I couldn't fit anything else in..no food, no water, no first aid, no pet food, etc.

SouthernSlammed

Gingerbeard Operator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2015
Fapville
Zip code
I have an ammo can that has a variety of ammo, most loaded into mags for .223, 9mm, and .380. That's all I'd grab.

that's the key... loaded mags!

you can have all the ammo you want, if it aint loaded up, you are a dead man. It take too long to load in a SHTF situation!

Reactions: Mac11FA and Laufen