Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
You might want to rethink this... Lets say something bad happens, and there are food riots, ramped crime in the streets, gangs looting, and home invasions so common, no one even responds to 911 calls... All the ammo you have at this very second is all your going to get for a long time. The 2012 shortage of 22 LR ammo should serve as a good example, its going on 3 years of it never being on the shelf. And the shit has not hit the fan yet... That should tell you something.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
You might want to rethink this... Lets say something bad happens, and there are food riots, ramped crime in the streets, gangs looting, and home invasions so common, no one even responds to 911 calls... All the ammo you have at this very second is all your going to get for a long time. The 2012 shortage of 22 LR ammo should serve as a good example, its going on 3 years of it never being on the shelf. And the shit has not hit the fan yet... That should tell you something.
I have plenty on hand, but if the situation was as you described it, I'd no longer be in Atlanta and I wouldn't be able to physically haul all of my ammo with me. I have humans, dogs, food, water, etc etc etc. There's only so much ammo I'd be able to take and only so much I'd need. I'm just wondering what that number is likely to be. There is an amount of ammo over which won't prove useful.

How much ammo would be used in a firefight?
How often would you plan on being in a firefight?
If that number is high..what is the likelihood that you'd survive for an extended period of time?
Everyone believes that they have what it takes to be the last house standing, but that's fanciful.

If you're burning through cases of ammo in a post apocalyptic hell hole, you aren't going to be around long...at least the odds say that you won't.

Honestly I think people way over estimate the amount of ammo that is necessary and practical in all but teotwawki. That's not what I'm preparing for. I'm preparing for high prices and limited availability due to political reasons, perhaps the outside chance that some economic downturn could cause some short term unrest.

So far, the amount I have on hand has easily gotten me through two of the worst ammo shortages in my lifetime.

No .22, no problem..I buy it cheap when it's readily available.
Right now you'd have to be out of your mind to not be buying centerfire ammo. It's very cheap and it's plentiful. Don't wait.

Last edited:

EugenFJR

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
I'm thinking that Atlanta would turn into a Bosnia or Mogadishu... So I'd be a hired gun at the place I work at in Buckhead, and expected to supply my own ammo... I can run a rifle pretty well...

Brad sweet

Frontiersman
Jul 2, 2015
Yeah yeah yeah, I know I'm going to hear.."you can never have too much ammo". Can you though? If I had to leave the house (last option) for some sort of natural disaster, zombies, etc I couldn't bring it all along. I have pets, people, food, fuel, water...at some point I'd have to draw the line.

How much is too much in a variety of situations?

Ideas?
fido is staying home..load all the stuff cloths ext first then the water then the ammo guns it will be the first thing you will need.. stash a couple in the house just if you come back..evenually will..1000 rounds pistol and 1000 rounds rifle

Reactions: Mac11FA

Brad sweet

Frontiersman
Jul 2, 2015
I have plenty on hand, but if the situation was as you described it, I'd no longer be in Atlanta and I wouldn't be able to physically haul all of my ammo with me. I have humans, dogs, food, water, etc etc etc. There's only so much ammo I'd be able to take and only so much I'd need. I'm just wondering what that number is likely to be. There is an amount of ammo over which won't prove useful.

If that number is high..what is the likelihood that you'd survive for an extended period of time?
Everyone believes that they have what it takes to be the last house standing, but that's fanciful.

If you're burning through cases of ammo in a post apocalyptic hell hole, you aren't going to be around long...at least the odds say that you won't.

Honestly I think people way over estimate the amount of ammo that is necessary and practical in all but teotwawki. That's not what I'm preparing for. I'm preparing for high prices and limited availability due to political reasons, perhaps the outside chance that some economic downturn could cause some short term unrest.

So far, the amount I have on hand has easily gotten me through two of the worst ammo shortages in my lifetime.

Right now you'd have to be out of your mind to not be buying centerfire ammo. It's very cheap and it's plentiful. Don't wait.
the other thing most forget about is yeah you got ammo but it is boxed or canned..buy mags fill them and have them at the ready

Reactions: Mac11FA and Laufen

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code

I'd say the most iminent threat we face isn't shtf or WROL but another ammo ban or backdoor gun control through engineered price hikes.

Even those are unlikely...but possible.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I'm thinking that Atlanta would turn into a Bosnia or Mogadishu... So I'd be a hired gun at the place I work at in Buckhead, and expected to supply my own ammo... I can run a rifle pretty well...
I'd just go on vacation somewhere.

Reactions: Shemp

Romans1212

Hunter
Jul 3, 2015
If I had guns...
I would constantly be shooting the old stuff as I replace it with new.
I would set a 5000 round per caliber goal, especially with the calibers that I would bug out with and I would take every last round with me. Id make my children sit on ammo cans if necessary.
In a SHTF, remember that your money will likely mean nothing. Carry what is tradeable.
Don't underestimate the value of a 10/22 with a scope in a SHTF
I'd buy a box of 223 every single day if I could.
BONUS: Buy seeds!

Reactions: JGMILLER

sewerman68

Hunter
Jul 28, 2015
temple
I stockpile ammo when its cheap because dollar for dollar its been the best investment I have ever made. I fed my family in 08 and 09 selling ammo and rifles I bought for pennies on the dollar compared to what I sold them for. I also pile it up for the days I may not be able to buy what I need ( or want ).

If I had to bug out on foot I would stash all I could and I probably wouldn't even carry a rifle. I can put 6 rounds in a paper plate with my Ruger Security Six at 80 yards. I would probably carry that and a good 9mm. If I had minions I would make them carry rifles.

EugenFJR

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
I stockpile ammo when its cheap because dollar for dollar its been the best investment I have ever made. I fed my family in 08 and 09 selling ammo and rifles I bought for pennies on the dollar compared to what I sold them for. I also pile it up for the days I may not be able to buy what I need ( or want ).

If I had to bug out on foot I would stash all I could and I probably wouldn't even carry a rifle. I can put 6 rounds in a paper plate with my Ruger Security Six at 80 yards. I would probably carry that and a good 9mm. If I had minions I would make them carry rifles.

The last thing I'd want to do is bug out on foot... I have no where to go... I'm staying at the house. I figure if I can stay alive 90 days at the house, 95% of the population will have starved or been killed off after the trucks stopped rolling.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Yeah yeah yeah, I know I'm going to hear.."you can never have too much ammo". Can you though? If I had to leave the house (last option) for some sort of natural disaster, zombies, etc I couldn't bring it all along. I have pets, people, food, fuel, water...at some point I'd have to draw the line.

Ideas?
I have been watching the series "Power" and when Ghost's partner Tommy disappears, he starts checking every where there is a stash to see if the gun and money have been taken so he would have an idea. The ideal thing is to have caches of ammo in various places within your home base/bugout location so that you would not have to carry all of your ammo with you when bugging out. In addition, it may not have a bad idea to have backup weapons stored at same locations as ammo or cached as well.

Reactions: Laufen
Jul 2, 2015

Ideas?
This is why you buy a truck, a quarter of a truck bed could hold enough to last you through a lifetime if you are using it only when needed in a survival situation. No target practice but only shooting when you intend to kill.

sewerman68

Hunter
Jul 28, 2015
temple
Leaving the house is most definitely a serious worst case scenario. If shits that bad chances are you have no way to gather intelligence to know where to go. It would have to be BAD, REAL BAD for walking away from home base and into ????? to seem like a good idea.

My personal read on history is being a refugee sucks. Being one in a grid down shtf situation is very likely to end worse than even I can imagine.

Semi-Pro

Woodsman
May 17, 2015
Smalltown, GA

Ideas?
Is there a such thing as too much Alcohol?