• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dirtbike

NRA Life Member (Everybody should be!)
Feb 3, 2016
Myself all I've ever carried was my G22 and then my G19 with a spare magazine, I never really gave any thought to carrying a backup before, anybody else have thoughts on this? I was thinking like either a G42 .380 in an ankle holster or a p938 in the same configuration

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
It depends for me. I do maybe 60% of the time. When I do, it is my G42.

HOG2K

Hobbyist Photographer
Jan 30, 2016
I guess it depends on what you are doing at the time you think you need a 2nd weapon... what job you may have and so forth.

j/k

I myself only need to carry my xdm 3.8 9mm with 19 rounds in it, if I can't take care of the problem with that many rounds plus 1 18 rounds spare... well...- j/k

Dirtbike

NRA Life Member (Everybody should be!)
Feb 3, 2016
I suppose I wasn't thinking of having to take on multiple assailants per say but more so to the fact if you were disarmed against your will, then having the option of a backup in deep concealment could be beneficial (provided you could get to it without drawing attention to yourself) ya gotta bear with me sometimes I tend to think in a bit of a different circle

HOG2K

Hobbyist Photographer
Jan 30, 2016
I see your point, my thinking *coming from being in the Army* is, if I were to be caught I would be dead anyways and therefore not needing 2nd weapon.

My thinking being disarmed in today's conflict would still mean I would be dead, after seeing the news and watching cops have someone run up to your patrol car shooting you in the head or while you are filling up your vehicle, I would have no need for 2nd weapon.

But, I guess it wouldn't hurt to carry a 2nd just in case you have the opportunity to get to it.

Food for thought I suppose... :)

Nice talking to you!!

Feb 21, 2016
I carry a backup less than 10% of the time. I should do so more often, but it is often a matter of convenience/dress.

A majority of malfunctions are the result of the magazine, but I have had non-magazine issues that have cause catastrophic failures (roll pin on the top of the xD slide), which would make a second firearm a benefit.

****I'm ready for the xD bashing, although with over 30k rounds through the gun, I shouldn't complain about a broken roll pin! ;)