Things that keep time and stuff thread

Faktory 47
H

Hoss

So.. you guys are posting all of these high end and rare watches. I figured I'd post my everyday wear watch. It's a Fossil Q Crewmaster Hybrid watch. It's a standard 46mm dive watch with a 3ATM waterproof rating (164ft). It looks like a normal dive watch with manual quartz movement but is Bluetooth enabled and keeps track of steps, sleep, exercise, etc... When I get a text or call it vibrates and the arms point at the number assigned to the person that called. The small dial can be programmed via the phone app to do a variety of functions but I leave it as a step counter. All data stays sync'd with the phone app. The watch sells for around $300 new but they've recently dropped the price as they get ready to release the Version 3. You can find them new in the $125-$175 range right now.

2e532efa9be1304ce88f67460fdaafb7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kobayashi

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
I haven't been a big fan of smart watches in general, though I like the variety that's starting to emerge. These hybrid watches do a good job of not looking too techy. I'd definitely be cautious with that water resistance rating. The ratings are vague and very much like TV screen sizes. Ultimately 3 ATM doesn't actually guarantee safety in the shallow end of the pool.

So.. you guys are posting all of these high end and rare watches. I figured I'd post my everyday wear watch. It's a Fossil Q Crewmaster Hybrid watch. It's a standard 46mm dive watch with a 3ATM waterproof rating (164ft). It looks like a normal dive watch with manual quartz movement but is Bluetooth enabled and keeps track of steps, sleep, exercise, etc... When I get a text or call it vibrates and the arms point at the number assigned to the person that called. The small dial can be programmed via the phone app to do a variety of functions but I leave it as a step counter. All data stays sync'd with the phone app. The watch sells for around $300 new but they've recently dropped the price as they get ready to release the Version 3. You can find them new in the $125-$175 range right now.

Reactions: 1776
H

Hoss

I haven't been a big fan of smart watches in general, though I like the variety that's starting to emerge. These hybrid watches do a good job of not looking too techy. I'd definitely be cautious with that water resistance rating. The ratings are vague and very much like TV screen sizes. Ultimately 3 ATM doesn't actually guarantee safety in the shallow end of the pool.

I have a Samsung Frontier watch that i really like but my company has banned them from all company vehicles. My son and his buddy have this same watch model. Went we were on our Thanksgiving vacation they wore there's snorkeling on the reef. I don't think we got any deeper than about 15' but they did fine at that depth.

World Class Dick Wrangler
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
I have a Samsung Frontier watch that i really like but my company has banned them from all company vehicles. My son and his buddy have this same watch model. Went we were on our Thanksgiving vacation they wore there's snorkeling on the reef. I don't think we got any deeper than about 15' but they did fine at that depth.
Banned smart watches from company vehicles? WTF?

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
more than $1500
Realistically, it won't affect shit. I'm not gonna miss bills or even cut back on anything....just never spent that much on what is essentially a toy.
I spent waaaayyyy more than that on the Mac!

Reactions: 1776

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
Yep, anything that contributes to distracted driving. my company doesn't even allow phone calls with a hands free device.
Y'all need new bosses. I can text with one hand, sip coffee, smoke a cigar and get a blowjob from a hooker all at once in the company car and my boss doesn't give a shit .

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Y'all need new bosses. I can text with one hand, sip coffee, smoke a cigar and get a blowjob from a hooker all at once in the company car and my boss doesn't give a shit .

Well, when you're Big Pimpin'...

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
Thieving bastards. Who steals a watch that says NAVY SEAL on it? ;)
Marines?
POGs?
Marine POGs?

I had a luminox years ago and I don't remember wtf happened to it. I'm sure I got bored with it and sold it, I just don't remember it happening.