Theis Holster's Leather Jake Belt Review

Howard Law

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
I am a bit of a belt snob. Since becoming serious about carrying a gun everyday many years ago, I made it a point to have quality gear and not skimp on things that I believe are necessities: a reliable gun, a well made holster and a good gun belt. Glock was my gun choice, @NSR Tactical was my holster choice and depending on whether I wanted a nylon belt or a leather belt, my only choices were Special Operations Equipment or Galco, but now I am adding another belt to that list, Theis Holster's Leather Jake Belt.

My Galco gun belt is now over 3 years old and it's becoming soft, as all leather eventually becomes over time. The Galco belt is still a great belt and is holding up, but the leather is getting more supple allowing some bend to occur. So when @Theis Holsters did a sale recently, I took advantage and ordered a Jake Belt, and I'm glad I did.

The Jake Belt is 1.5 inches wide made of two layers of top grain leather. These two layers are glued and stitched with a heavy nylon thread for added durability, secured with Chicago screws and a heavy duty roller buckle. The result is close to a ¼" thick belt, offering superior support for my holster.

Besides the obvious quality that I noticed immediately and the rigidity of the belt, I really like that I can remove the roller buckle if I wanted and replace it with another awesome buckle, like my Pipe Hitters Union buckle.

The belt took approximately 3 weeks to arrive as noted on the website and it came in a priority mail box. I've only had the belt for a few days, so I will update this review as time goes on, but I'm very happy with this leather gun belt.

Link: https://www.theisholsters.com/productDetails.php?pcID=Belt

Reactions: Rwjeter

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
I have worn a Theis belt everyday for 5 years and it is still as strong and stout as it was the day I got it.

Sure it's worn in a tad bit - but not much. In my opinion, this is the best belt hands down for carry use or just general use.

Lars

Hunter
Apr 17, 2017
Cedar Creek, TX
Zip code
I'm currently wearing Nylon Belts. Previously I had a CompTac Kydex Reinforced leather gun belt though. That held up for nearly 9 years before it started to droop on the strong side. (I think the kydex insert finally broke.)

I'd be interested in a follow-up on this belt after a year or so. I'm still in the market for a replacement Leather belt for when I'm wearing something nicer than jeans or cargo pants.

Lars

Hunter
Apr 17, 2017
Cedar Creek, TX
Zip code
I have worn a Theis belt everyday for 5 years and it is still as strong and stout as it was the day I got it.

Sure it's worn in a tad bit - but not much. In my opinion, this is the best belt hands down for carry use or just general use.

Any photos of this belt? Bonus if you've got a holster hanging off of it. :)

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
Any photos of this belt? Bonus if you've got a holster hanging off of it. :)

Sounds like you just want to stare at my junk. LOL.

Ok, I'll oblige.

3455733c93bf871df6707a075990d3b1.jpg