The NRA called on the BATFE to review whether "bump stocks" comply with federal law

GA Firing Line

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Our right to BEAR arms is guaranteed, what isn't guaranteed is what qualifies as an arm legal to bear. THAT's where the fight lies.

My personal opinion is any shoulder fired weapon or handgun that has been manufactured or ever will be manufactured meets the definition, but interpretation of that law has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that this definition won't hold judicial muster.

Last edited:

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Mar 14, 2016
You have to look at what was happening in 1985-86 as to why NFA passed.

NFA was passed in 1934. And it was in response to organized crime using full auto weapons. They outgunned the police at the time. Instead of equipping the police to deal with them and stamping out the slaughter in the streets, they banned a whole category of small arms. In the face of such massacre, it may have even seemed "reasonable" at the time. Which proves my point that "reasonable" gun control is easy to sell to the public in the wake of violence. But it is never the long term answer. It only leads to further erosion of our rights.

Reactions: FatAlbert

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
NFA was passed in 1934. And it was in response to organized crime using full auto weapons. They outgunned the police at the time. Instead of equipping the police to deal with them and stamping out the slaughter in the streets, they banned a whole category of small arms. In the face of such massacre, it may have even seemed "reasonable" at the time. Which proves my point that "reasonable" gun control is easy to sell to the public in the wake of violence. But it is never the long term answer. It only leads to further erosion of our rights.
Exactly!