The most effective hardware for home defense

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

You hear the bump in the night. What hardware do you grab for protection?

• Shotgun or long gun

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Handgun

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Baseball bat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Handgun with cell phone

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Long gun with cell phone

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters

BeyondTheBox

Woodsman
Jan 7, 2013
The Great NorthWest
I don't subscribe to the shotgun theory, myself. Nor do I the nightstand handgun. I don't like the idea of having to reach under the bed, or to a table that I have to open a drawer to access. Too much work for something you may need immediately! Nope, I'm a handgun under each side of the pillow kind of guy. That way, no matter which side I'm sleeping on, I'm ready to rock!

That said, a shotty under the bed added to these isn't a bad idea. Many follow the "pistols are for getting to the long guns" philosophy.

Personally I want maneuverability, and handguns can't be beat in that regard. I want something good for 15 feet and 1 inch gut busting!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
In case you missed it on the other thread. Home hardware is Saiga 20 gauge. Picture shows the Biden magazine. I have others. ;)

mail_zpsfdfbe5db.jpg

Frank.dux

Scout
Jun 12, 2012
bigdogdaddy said:
Frank, how could you ever be in a bad mood after looking at that face? :D

I can't...and she takes advantage of it. Funny thing is I was attempting to punish her when I took the second pic. She didn't like what I had to say and was back talking me haha.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
While I realize that a dog could be a great alarm system and even a first-line defensive weapon, I keep thinking of the constant reloading and what it takes to clean up the brass all the time. My wife doesn't care for the thought of either task.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
SkipD said:
While I realize that a dog could be a great alarm system and even a first-line defensive weapon, I keep thinking of the constant reloading and what it takes to clean up the brass all the time. My wife doesn't care for the thought of either task.

:D That is pretty funny right there. :D

Sontag_Shooter

Woodsman
Jun 10, 2012
Sontag/Blue Ridge VA
SkipD said:

Don't know how I missed this one.......

Thanks for the laugh SkipD, I need that. Speaking of clean up, thanks for the coffee on the iPad this morning! :D