Suppressor Pouches

Howard Law

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Some of the cans I've bought only come in a plastic bag and a cardboard box. I've been looking for pouches to put them in so I can stop taking them to the range in a cardboard box... Enter PSA's current clearance deal- Blackhawk "single-up pop flare nylon pouches"... Definitely priced right at $4.99 right now. These can also be found on Amazon and other online retailers.
Link to PSA: http://palmettostatearmory.com/inde...ingle-up-pop-flare-pouch-coyote-tan-37cl15ct/

The Tirant 9, Octane 45, and SPECWAR 556 all come with nylon pouches. However the Guardian 9, Innovative Arms Deception 762, and my little .22 can did not come with anything. These Blackhawk pouches seem to fit the bill pretty well- definitely well for a $5 item. The 9mm cans are a pretty loose fit, but don't really see that as a problem. The SPECWAR was a little snug, but fit in the pouch without forcing anything. The 762 can and Octane 45 were just about perfect- slips in easily but not tight.
I picked up four of these and should probably have gotten one more. If you're looking for pouches for a suppressor, I've got to say these are a great option- especially at PSA's current price.

Anyway, everybody wants pictures...

Octane 45 in the pouch:
Octane 45 Closed.jpg

Octane 45 with the pouch open:
Octane 45 inside.jpg

Octane 45 outside the pouch:
Octane 45 outside.jpg

Guardian 9 beside the pouch:
Guardian 9 in pouch.jpg

Slack around the 9mm Guardian can:
Guardian 9 showing slack inside.jpg

SPECWAR 556:
SPECWAR Inside.jpg

SPECWAR outside the pouch:
SPECWAR outside.jpg

EDIT to add some searchable content: Blackhawk! S.T.R.I.K.E. Single-up flare pouch Coyote Tan 37CL15CT

SKU: 37012
UPC: 648018038495
MFR#: 37CL15CT

Last edited:

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
It's a tool just like a gun. The scratches add character.

I agree- I've got no problem with some honest wear. The side of that Octane 45 already earned a little... However I didn't like carrying them to the range in cardboard boxes... just me, but I wanted something a little more long lasting than a box- the .22 box is already kind of falling apart.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
I just use the nomex socks I got from dead air. I can out a scorching hot can in it no problems

Nomex would be ideal for sure- I wouldn't pull a scorching hot can off and put it in these nylon pouches. It would definitely not be good for the nylon. I didn't know anyone sold them separate from the cans. Will look into that one-

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
Great info! Thanks for the heads up! Something else to put on my "list."

While they are available at the clearance price, it's probably worth the price plus shipping. I don't think you will find a better pouch for the money.

I would love to see something heat resistant, but I would expect that to be an order of magnitude more expensive just because of the material cost.

Last edited:
Reactions: DoglegArms

Jcountry

Frontiersman
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia
Neat idea!

It would be a good place to store the paperwork also.

(I am thinking you have to carry around a copy of the trust or the form 4 like other NFA stuff.)

Reactions: dial1911

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Neat idea!

It would be a good place to store the paperwork also.

(I am thinking you have to carry around a copy of the trust or the form 4 like other NFA stuff.)

Nope. You are not required to carry anything. My trust and stamps stay at home in the safe.

Reactions: PewPewPewCo

Dinky Dau

Over Sexed Sr. Citizen
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2015
Zip code
Nope. You are not required to carry anything. My trust and stamps stay at home in the safe.
Correct, it is up to the accuser to prove you are wrong , not you to prove your right..Except in a Court of Law

Reactions: DoglegArms

Jcountry

Frontiersman
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia
I think you guys are technically correct, but I would rather be safe than sorry.

(I have always heard that you have to carry around a copy of the paperwork. Probably it was more "avoid trouble" advice-at least in this state.)