Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I broke down and bought a threaded barrel for the Sig 938p for use with the Gemtech multimount and since it came with the LID direct thread in 1/2"x28 I was good to go. The barrel was a Sig Factory piece and came with a very nice knurled thread protector. Installation was a breeze and the fit was very nice. So, I got it all set up and loaded it up with some of the new inexpensive subsonic ammo I bought to run in the Mac that was new manufacture.

I waited for it to get dark and a train to be coming by to help hide the fact that I was gonna shoot out the back door. I mean it worked out fine for the Mac .22 conversion. The train came by and I pulled off a round and it was kind of loud. I figured just FRO, but even the wife commented on how loud it was. Well, had to try one more and it was just as loud as the first. Damn, did I feel ripped. So, I cleaned up my mess and out every thing away. I did not think any mkore about it until Sunday when we fired the first drum of same ammo in the Mac. Turns out I bought 124gr instead of 147! So, have to retry both with 147gr.