stop leaving guns in your car

Howard Law

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
Stop leaving guns in the car? Stop leaving guns at the house. No?

People get their guns stolen out of homes too. Silly logic.

Sometimes you can't carry at work, and have to leave the gun in the car. Or do you suggest leaving it in the safe until you get home? Kind of defeats the purpose of needing it.

The guys that get their shit stolen from the cars, were probably done by someone who knows you keep guns in the car, or it was visible from outside, or you're advertising with stickers. If it's a random break in, it's a random break in, and statistically it's unlikely that it will happen to you. I'm not going to apologize for keeping one in my car, just because you can take yours everywhere.
i own a safe at my house. it makes sense to properly secure your weapons. i carry mine everywhere and leave the others locked up unless i need them or im at home.

a house is far less likely to be burglarized than a vehicle parked on the street

and no, most guns arent stolen by folks they know, more likely people who do this in volume (quick smash and grab of several cars in the area is popular among shitbags)

arguments about likliehood aside, you can leave it in your car but its fuckin dumb but what advantage do you get from leaving a gun in your vehicle? i dont think there is one, its basically risk with no reward

Reactions: Leshaire

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
lmfao but I clearly do speak and read english... I feel like that may not fly with police
thats assuming you wait around for the cops

as soon as they ask me to leave, im leaving (fuck the tab) and producing a middle finger as i go. if they want me to pay for my drinks they can bring their credit card machine outside the door where i will be

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
thats assuming you wait around for the cops

as soon as they ask me to leave, im leaving (fuck the tab) and producing a middle finger as i go. if they want me to pay for my drinks they can bring their credit card machine outside the door where i will be
I suppose thats true. I was thinking more like they get a cop to show up and THEN tell me IM trespassing so I wouldnt have a chance to leave. Not sure ive never been asked to leave anywhere.

I felt like it was some kind of trap though. Like, here is your warning, see what happens.

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
I suppose thats true. I was thinking more like they get a cop to show up and THEN tell me IM trespassing so I wouldnt have a chance to leave. Not sure ive never been asked to leave anywhere.

I felt like it was some kind of trap though. Like, here is your warning, see what happens.
first they would have to know you are strapped

"hey, no boners during a lapdance"........."wait, thats no boner!"

also i think the cop would issue you a warning citation that expresses you are no longer welcome if its a business open to the public. their attempt to control their patrons has no legal ramifications outside of being removed and never coming back i dont believe

but im no lawyer and alot of cops dont even know the laws themselves, so dont listen to me!

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
first they would have to know you are strapped

"hey, no boners during a lapdance"........."wait, thats no boner!"

also i think the cop would issue you a warning citation that expresses you are no longer welcome if its a business open to the public. their attempt to control their patrons has no legal ramifications outside of being removed and never coming back i dont believe

but im no lawyer and alot of cops dont even know the laws themselves, so dont listen to me!
Lol I was expecting more there, like "hey, no boners during a lapdance"........."wait, thats no boner.... It's a derringer!!"

And yeah while no one here knows the law I'm still definitely carrying there next time.

And yes there will be a next time. I need more derringer boners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Thenut

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
Lol I was expecting more there, like "hey, no boners during a lapdance"........."wait, thats no boner.... It's a derringer!!"

And yeah while no one here knows the law I'm still definitely carrying there next time.

And yes there will be a next time. I need more derringer boners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sir, please continue to be the ambassador you were meant to be :)

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
what shall I promote?
the degrading and relatively disgusting places in which people have to be naked to make money
or
the fact that I admit I do enjoy the boobs in said establishments
or
the tiny dick lol

Reactions: Thenut

DMR

CZ Fan
Jun 4, 2015
Snellville
Zip code
i own a safe at my house. it makes sense to properly secure your weapons. i carry mine everywhere and leave the others locked up unless i need them or im at home.

a house is far less likely to be burglarized than a vehicle parked on the street

and no, most guns arent stolen by folks they know, more likely people who do this in volume (quick smash and grab of several cars in the area is popular among shitbags)

arguments about likliehood aside, you can leave it in your car but its fuckin dumb but what advantage do you get from leaving a gun in your vehicle? i dont think there is one, its basically risk with no reward
I go to work, and keep my gun in the car. Then my company gives me their vehicle with 24/7 surveillance from onboard camera, and audio. Not to mention I use their vehicle to meet with customers of whom some are the Dept. Of Defense, AFB's, Jails, Veteran Hospitals, etc, where there are screenings, and unlawful for me to bring a weapon inside.

So, now what? Should I take your advice and leave the gun at home because you think it's stupid to leave it in the car? Or do I take what I can get and deal with it?

Why do you care anyways? If someone breaks in my car I can easily replace a $300-400 gun, file a police report, and move on. I frankly could give a rats ass what you think to be frank. I suppose you're of the thought that if a woman doesn't cover up, that somehow she played a contribution to someone raping her?

I am sure you'll come back with a witty response like "get another job", or "move to a safer neighborhood", or "break the law, carry anyways" so, help me, how can I "not be stupid"?

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
I go to work, and keep my gun in the car. Then my company gives me their vehicle with 24/7 surveillance from onboard camera, and audio. Not to mention I use their vehicle to meet with customers of whom some are the Dept. Of Defense, AFB's, Jails, Veteran Hospitals, etc, where there are screenings, and unlawful for me to bring a weapon inside.

So, now what? Should I take your advice and leave the gun at home because you think it's stupid to leave it in the car? Or do I take what I can get and deal with it?

Why do you care anyways? If someone breaks in my car I can easily replace a $300-400 gun, file a police report, and move on. I frankly could give a rats ass what you think to be frank. I suppose you're of the thought that if a woman doesn't cover up, that somehow she played a contribution to someone raping her?

I am sure you'll come back with a witty response like "get another job", or "move to a safer neighborhood", or "break the law, carry anyways" so, help me, how can I "not be stupid"?
get a fucking console lock for 299 then you wont have to replace a 400 dollar gun

it effects me because thugtastic now has your stolen gun........and it means he is going to rob someone with it or kill them

DMR

CZ Fan
Jun 4, 2015
Snellville
Zip code
get a fucking console lock for 299 then you wont have to replace a 400 dollar gun

it effects me because thugtastic now has your stolen gun........and it means he is going to rob someone with it or kill them
Then they should get a gun to protect themselves. I am not responsible for someone else's actions. My gun is secure, btw.

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
Then they should get a gun to protect themselves. I am not responsible for someone else's actions.
agreed

but when you gun is stolen you should blame no one but yourself. and it makes you irresponsible too

just saying. its legal, just a terrible idea. hell i should be allowed to leave my ak47 loaded on a gun rack in an unlocked pickup truck with the windows down

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
is it that fucking hard to not do? i keep reading about how people get their gats stolen from their truck and act surprised about it

this post is aimed at the folks who live a gun in their car 24/7 for some reason. i understand there are the few occasions where you might need to leave it. if you have to leave your gun in your vehicle because of work on a regular basis, please find a better storage solution instead of hoping for the best.

unless you have a heavy duty storage locking box there is no excuse for it. i dont consider you a responsible gun owner because you put others at risk due to your negligence (and therefor aid in arming the criminal element)

by leaving guns in your car it increases my and other people's likelihood of getting into a shootout with some low rent piece of shit who has your gun in their possession. it doesnt matter if its a hi point or a fn tactical, they both shoot bullets

keep positive control over your guns please. yes you could have a gun stolen during a home break in but its far less likely to occur.

Reactions: EugenFJR and Thenut

Waterguy

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
North Georgia
Zip code
I leave mine in the truck because I break the stupid GA law carrying it outside of my vehicle without a government permission slip.

SafeCracka

Little Bitch
Trusted Trader
Mar 29, 2015
Screenshot City
Zip code
I do remember something about restrictions for carrying in an establishment that makes a certain percentage of revenue from the sale of alcohol for consumption on the premises or something like that.

Where all the lawyers been these days??

I started a thread about this a while ago on another forum and from what I remember all the lawyer-members agreed that you can carry at a bar.