stop leaving guns in your car

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
is it that fucking hard to not do? i keep reading about how people get their gats stolen from their truck and act surprised about it

this post is aimed at the folks who live a gun in their car 24/7 for some reason. i understand there are the few occasions where you might need to leave it. if you have to leave your gun in your vehicle because of work on a regular basis, please find a better storage solution instead of hoping for the best.

unless you have a heavy duty storage locking box there is no excuse for it. i dont consider you a responsible gun owner because you put others at risk due to your negligence (and therefor aid in arming the criminal element)

by leaving guns in your car it increases my and other people's likelihood of getting into a shootout with some low rent piece of shit who has your gun in their possession. it doesnt matter if its a hi point or a fn tactical, they both shoot bullets

keep positive control over your guns please. yes you could have a gun stolen during a home break in but its far less likely to occur.

Reactions: Laufen

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I know at least three people who have had guns stolen out of their vehicles. It doesn't make sense to me. Whenever I've found myself in a position where I'm forced to disarm, that's all I can think about until I can get back to it. That's why I got one of these.

http://www.consolevault.com/

Last edited:
Reactions: Thenut

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I never got that either. I dont keep crap in my car, even at my house.

To the work comment... Bring your gun into work anyways. In your bag or whatever. Better to be fired than fired at with no means of fighting back imo.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I can't believe people think of their cars as secure areas.

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl

To the work comment... Bring your gun into work anyways. In your bag or whatever. Better to be fired than fired at with no means of fighting back imo.
yup

the only time i have to leave a gun in my car is if i have to file something with the clerk at the court

Reactions: Leshaire

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code

I had a buddy tell me he can't carry at work. My response to that is always the same, "Do they have metal detectors and/or frisk you?"

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
It seems criminally silly to leave a gun in your car for any length of time anywhere near Atlanta.

Reactions: Thenut and Leshaire

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I had a buddy tell me he can't carry at work. My response to that is always the same, "Do they have metal detectors and/or frisk you?"
lol yupp, had a close friend tell me the same thing about two years ago. that swift kick in the ass reminded me im not a child listening to my mom anymore. Now idc what the rules of any building as long as its not a law.

speaking of: i was at the Cheetah in atlanta a few months back and they have a sign that says some legal crap for "THIS is your warning. THIS is us telling you to leave if you have a weapon. They are not allowed blah blah blah. If you disregard you will be arrested/cited (whatever) for trespassing."

Anyone ever seen something like that? Can a sign/poster/etc be a legal way of telling someone to leave your property IF they do a particular thing?

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
lol yupp, had a close friend tell me the same thing about two years ago. that swift kick in the ass reminded me im not a child listening to my mom anymore. Now idc what the rules of any building as long as its not a law.

speaking of: i was at the Cheetah in atlanta a few months back and they have a sign that says some legal crap for "THIS is your warning. THIS is us telling you to leave if you have a weapon. They are not allowed blah blah blah. If you disregard you will be arrested/cited (whatever) for trespassing."

Anyone ever seen something like that? Can a sign/poster/etc be a legal way of telling someone to leave your property IF they do a particular thing?

Unless the sign is plastered across the entrance so there is no way of missing it I don't see how....even then...when is a sign posted by a non-governmental agency law?

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Unless the sign is plastered across the entrance so there is no way of missing it I don't see how....even then...when is a sign posted by a non-governmental agency law?
It was posted right behind the desk where you pay to get in. Youd have to be blind or plastered drunk to miss it. It had law names and titles etc with article this and paragraph that on it to. Basically references the exact GA law you are "breaking" by coming on the property with a weapon.

Im very curious about it.

DMR

CZ Fan
Jun 4, 2015
Snellville
Zip code
Stop leaving guns in the car? Stop leaving guns at the house. No?

People get their guns stolen out of homes too. Silly logic.

Sometimes you can't carry at work, and have to leave the gun in the car. Or do you suggest leaving it in the safe until you get home? Kind of defeats the purpose of needing it.

The guys that get their shit stolen from the cars, were probably done by someone who knows you keep guns in the car, or it was visible from outside, or you're advertising with stickers. If it's a random break in, it's a random break in, and statistically it's unlikely that it will happen to you. I'm not going to apologize for keeping one in my car, just because you can take yours everywhere.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I'm no lawyer, but I don't believe that will fly. Even if they ask you to leave and you won't, the cops show up they ask you to leave. I've experienced this first hand. I had to call them to remove a crazy guy who was threatening everyone from my property. The cops made him leave and told me "if he comes back call us, we'll arrest him for trespassing." He came back, so I called them again. By the time they got there he was gone. They told me that since they didn't actually catch him there that they couldn't do anything.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I'm no lawyer, but I don't believe that will fly. Even if they ask you to leave and you won't, the cops show up they ask you to leave. I've experienced this first hand. I had to call them to remove a crazy guy who was threatening everyone from my property. The cops made him leave told me "if he comes back call us, we'll arrest him for trespassing." He came back, so I called them again. By the time they got there he was gone. They told me that since they didn't actually catch him there that they couldn't do anything.
hmm makes sense. I guess if/when the cops show and they tell you to leave, if you do, youll be in the clear.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
hmm makes sense. I guess if/when the cops show and they tell you to leave, if you do, youll be in the clear.
I do remember something about restrictions for carrying in an establishment that makes a certain percentage of revenue from the sale of alcohol for consumption on the premises or something like that.

Where all the lawyers been these days??

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I do remember something about restrictions for carrying in an establishment that makes a certain percentage of revenue from the sale of alcohol for consumption on the premises or something like that.

lol no joke wth.

I think that is outdated. Trying to find out now, but I think that was an old law that was done away with.

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl

fuck no

tell them you arent fluent in dumbass and therefor couldnt understand the stupid sign

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
GA Carry FAQ

http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/georgias-carry-laws-explained/frequently-asked-questions/

Q: Can I carry at a Bar?
A:HB60 decriminalized carrying in bars for Georgia Weapons License holders. However, individual bar owners have the option of asking you to leave their establishment if they do not wish for you to carry there. Should a business owner or his agent ask you to leave while you are carrying a firearm, do so immediately, or as soon as reasonably possible. Failure to leave within a reasonable time, or refusing to leave, is a criminal offense known as “criminal trespass.” In addition, please maintain a polite demeanor so as to project a good image of yourself and other GCO members to the business owner and any witnesses even when being asked to leave.

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
It was posted right behind the desk where you pay to get in. Youd have to be blind or plastered drunk to miss it. It had law names and titles etc with article this and paragraph that on it to. Basically references the exact GA law you are "breaking" by coming on the property with a weapon.

Im very curious about it.
they probably had one of their star student strippers working on her law degree draft it up in between giving lap dances to dudes old enough to be her father

id say it holds less water than the sahara

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
they probably had one of their star student strippers working on her law degree draft it up in between giving lap dances to dudes old enough to be her father

id say it holds less water than the sahara
bahaha omfg youre killing me today!!