Sporting Clays

American Revival Apparel Company

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Anyone here shoot sporting clays? It's an absolute blast.

I've shot down in Valdosta and Statesboro. the sporting clay range in Statesboro is the freaking bomb. It has clays bouncing off trampolines, gliding across water, and there's not those stupid clay throwing counters its all honor system which is better IMO for when there are mulligans or clays breaking before throw.

here's the statesboro place for anyone interested, for $35 it was a seriously good course and didn't fly by too fast.
http://baygallsportingclays.com/

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I go with a friend to shoot sporting clays in Alabama when I'm on drill....absolutely a blast and very addicting

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
We usually just go out in the back pasture and one guy throws some clays and the other ones shoot em.
thats completely different, sporting clays is similar to golf, with "holes" per se.

I do love trap too. we have a serious thrower and the church lets us shoot from their property.

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
I shoot a round every time I go visit my Dad in SC. Love it.

Never done it with my pinky out, though.

Reactions: Shemp

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Anyone here shoot sporting clays? It's an absolute blast.

I've shot down in Valdosta and Statesboro. the sporting clay range in Statesboro is the freaking bomb. It has clays bouncing off trampolines, gliding across water, and there's not those stupid clay throwing counters its all honor system which is better IMO for when there are mulligans or clays breaking before throw.

here's the statesboro place for anyone interested, for $35 it was a seriously good course and didn't fly by too fast.
http://baygallsportingclays.com/
Sporting clays is one of life's greatest pleasures. You shoot at southwind in Valdosta?

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Chris, you do realize the Floyd County has two of the states nicest sporting clays courses right?

Next time you come up we will shoot one of them. I'll use the 870 SBS.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Chris, you do realize the Floyd County has two of the states nicest sporting clays courses right?

I'm down like a dead clown..... Just after the bar when I have free time

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I just picked up a Remington 1100 in 12 ga and am looking forward to trying it out.

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Arise thread! I shall revive you! LOL. I've been up to Etowah Valley Sporting Clays in Dawsonville. It was a blast. I've been told Shot Spot and Carrollton is about to open a range for Sporting Clays, skeet, and trap. I can't wait, because there's not really much on the west side in the way of Sporting Clays. We should try and get up at group shoot one day. Then I can show y'all all how it's NOT done! I'm horrible, but still think it's some of the best money you can spend.

TattooedGunner

Frontiersman
Mar 31, 2015
Cedartown, GA
Zip code

Let me know next time you go. Never shot any skeet, clay, trap except for doing it in the backyard.