Sporting Clays

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I shoot clays every time I go to the range. 100 meters with the fvsr 22lr. Always a fun time.

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
I shoot clays every time I go to the range. 100 meters with the fvsr 22lr. Always a fun time.
You'd be a bad ass if you could do that with them on the fly.

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Hey guys, I'm heading to Etowah Valley Sporting Clays on Sunday December 11th. Anyone want to join me? Maybe have an SET takeover? I can carry 3 other members from the West side if someone would like to ride with me. @Cudruln I know you live out here. If any of you've never been, now's your chance. Tons of fun, and no pressure, cause God knows I'm a horrible shot. PM me if you'd like a ride and we'll figure out a good spot to meet.

@dougiemac @Willy Leadwell @TattooedGunner @dial1911 @AtlMedic @Mac11FA and anyone else y'all can think of that might be in.

http://www.etowahvalleysportingclays.com

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Hey guys, I'm heading to Etowah Valley Sporting Clays on Sunday December 11th. Anyone want to join me? Maybe have an SET takeover? I can carry 3 other members from the West side if someone would like to ride with me. @Cudruln I know you live out here. If any of you've never been, now's your chance. Tons of fun, and no pressure, cause God knows I'm a horrible shot. PM me if you'd like a ride and we'll figure out a good spot to meet.

@dougiemac @Willy Leadwell @TattooedGunner @dial1911 @AtlMedic @Mac11FA and anyone else y'all can think of that might be in.

Right down the road from some friends of mine actually- let me get in touch with them and see if I can work something out- I'll give them a call and post something later.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I'd love to come but I have a young son with medical needs and Sunday is the only day I don't have a nurse at the house to take care of him, so it's just me.

Reactions: Rwjeter

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia

Can you rent skeet / sporting clay shotguns?

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I'll say a prayer for you and him.
Thanks. He's good, he just requires a lot of attention and is very susceptible to respiratory infection and irritation because he has a trach. We spent Tuesday night in the hospital at Scottish Rite and almost had to spend thanksgiving there just because of a common cold virus.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
If I can make it, I'll be rolling with a Mossy 500... the cheap one! I'll even bring you a Mossy 590 mariner if you want something 'fancy' :)

I've got a 500 and a 590A1, but they've got short home defense length style barrels. Will those work?

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I've got a 500 and a 590A1, but they've got short home defense length style barrels. Will those work?
I'll loan you one of mine if you want. Beretta AL390 Sporting or Remington 1100. I have a full set of Briley extended chokes for the beretta. Can't recall what I have for the 1100. I think the older model 1100s are the best autos for a long day of shooting.

Last edited:
Reactions: dial1911

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net

Will either take chokes? I know I need a full choke for some of the long sporting clay shots- I just can't break the long ones with anything else. My 590 is a fixed cylinder bore, so maybe enough.

Generally the bird guns are the 26" or 28" barrel length.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Will either take chokes? I know I need a full choke for some of the long sporting clay shots- I just can't break the long ones with anything else. My 590 is a fixed cylinder bore, so maybe enough.

Generally the bird guns are the 26" or 28" barrel length.
When it comes to sporting clays and 5 stand 28" is the sweet spot for me without a doubt.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Man, talking about this reminds me that I haven't shot clays in almost 2 years. If you get a group of guys to go, I may be able to switch my Saturday nurse to Sunday that week and drop the other two at the grandparents house for the weekend.

Reactions: dougiemac

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code

@dougiemac,
I went to the website and they rent shotgunS for 20$. I think you can choose whichever style you want and gauge as well. Be sure to check out the rules page and they have a restriction on shot size.

@Rwjeter ,

I would love to go. I will be home that weekend but may have a family commitment to attend to. I am hoping to get out of it. Mark me down as tentative and I will let you know for sure next week