So what all did Obama do to fuck us this time?

Howard Law

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
With that jacked up diesel I bet you're president of their fan club.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A

My diesel is all stock and the brims of my hats aren't nearly flat enough to be that cool

Reactions: Strider12

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
Yeah, my situation was a lot more drawn out, and a bit more serious.

If you're doing this, you know you're breaking the law----> "when guys who've been buying cheap lowers start unloading them when prices skyrocket"

If I see a rattlesnake on the sidewalk I'm not going to see how close I can walk to it before it strikes. I'll just go waaay around.
an apt description

but i am larger than a rattlesnake, and hence the citizenry of the US should be larger than the federal government in power

theoretically anyhow

regarding that analogy and the feds, its like laying on your back and having a rattlesnake dumped on to you. if you dont move it might not bite......maybe

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
Yeah, my situation was a lot more drawn out, and a bit more serious.

If you're doing this, you know you're breaking the law----> "when guys who've been buying cheap lowers start unloading them when prices skyrocket"

If I see a rattlesnake on the sidewalk I'm not going to see how close I can walk to it before it strikes. I'll just go waaay around.

That's capitalism, not breaking the law. My friend got bit by the gun bug, specifically AR's later in life. When he did, he went all in. He had 7 or 8 complete guns and half a dozen lowers. They weren't purchased with the intent to resell. Then, the world went crazy and people started paying $250+ for a lower. There's nothing wrong with him selling them and capitalizing on the market. It's no different than selling land that appreciates in value during a hot market. Hell, I sold my personal (used)KAC SR15 for almost $4k during that period. Why? Because I could and I also knew I could buy a replacement at normal retail within 90 days. Does that make me a felon? No, that just makes me smarter than people who fall into panic buying. And it sure as heck doesn't make me a dealer.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
That's capitalism, not breaking the law.
Without a license it's capitalism and breaking the law. They aren't mutually exclusive.

When you sell land, do you go through a licensed broker, or do you take care of all of the paperwork, legal proceedings, land descriptions, and extraneous due diligence on your own?

The last thing I want is to make selling guns as complex as selling real estate.

Last edited:

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
Without a license it's capitalism and breaking the law. They aren't mutually exclusive.

When you sell land, do you go through a licensed broker, or do you take care of all of the paperwork, legal proceedings, land descriptions, and extraneous due diligence on your own?

The last thing I want is to make selling guns as complex as selling real estate.
both real estate and guns are far too regulated as is

Reactions: Laufen and Shemp

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code

You go through all that with Real estate because they own it. If you owned it you wouldn't need them.

Reactions: Shemp and Thenut

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
You go through all that with Real estate because they own it. If you owned it you wouldn't need them.

and if you didnt need them they would be obsolete

so they have to remind everyone why they are "needed"

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code

Kind of, and also it's a lot more involved than selling a 2.5 pound thing. You need to prove it's yours. You need to prove the actual size and zoning. You need to prove that nobody else owns it with you. You need to decide which rights to sell with the property, or whether to sell them all in fee simple. etc etc

There's a lot of ass covering and assuring that needs to happen with land that doesn't have to happen with firearms.

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
Kind of, and also it's a lot more involved than selling a 2.5 pound thing. You need to prove it's yours. You need to prove the actual size and zoning. You need to prove that nobody else owns it with you. You need to decide which rights to sell with the property, or whether to sell them all in fee simple. etc etc

There's a lot of ass covering and assuring that needs to happen with land that doesn't have to happen with firearms.
most of the ass covering and assurance is needed because of government regulations in the first place

imagine i buy a piece of property that was foreclosed, pay the back taxes to the county comissioner only to discover that the solid waste and 911 fees for prior years were purchased by a lien holder (investment company) and now i have to settle those debts plus interest with them. on top of that i have to make sure i record the FiFas proper and its up to me to make sure its dont right (even though the gov created the tax, allowed the tax to be bought by a third party, and does a shit job of keeping up with the bill)

its like a bunch of vultures all coming to feed on the carrion of what was supposed to be a good land acquisition.

land should be simple. you pay for it, you own it, you record the boundaries via a deed. end of story

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
most of the ass covering and assurance is needed because of government regulations in the first place

imagine i buy a piece of property that was foreclosed, pay the back taxes to the county comissioner only to discover that the solid waste and 911 fees for prior years were purchased by a lien holder (investment company) and now i have to settle those debts plus interest with them. on top of that i have to make sure i record the FiFas proper and its up to me to make sure its dont right (even though the gov created the tax, allowed the tax to be bought by a third party, and does a shit job of keeping up with the bill)

its like a bunch of vultures all coming to feed on the carrion of what was supposed to be a good land acquisition.

land should be simple. you pay for it, you own it, you record the boundaries via a deed. end of story
Yeah, but how big is it? Are there any clouds on the title? What can you build on it? Want to change the zoning? etc etc. It's complicated because it kind of has to be, for the seller and the buyers protection.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code

Selling real property can be done without brokers and attorneys. Deeds have to be recorded, of course. But the process by which it happens isn't the point. It's the principle. I can and should be able to sell my private property, be it real or personal property, without hindrance. And making a profit isn't illegal. The fact that it is even possible for it to be considered illegal, is disgusting.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Selling real property can be done without brokers and attorneys. Deeds have to be recorded, of course. But the process by which it happens isn't the point. It's the principle. I can and should be able to sell my private property, be it real or personal property, without hindrance. And making a profit isn't illegal. The fact that it is even possible for it to be considered illegal, is disgusting.
The problem for some folks is that they seem to think that if they believe it should be legal, there shouldn't be any repercussions for breaking the law.

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
Yeah, but how big is it? Are there any clouds on the title? What can you build on it? Want to change the zoning? etc etc. It's complicated because it kind of has to be, for the seller and the buyers protection.
mostof that zoning and what can be built is BS anyhow. just my opinion, especially when someone says its for the individuals own interest

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
The problem for some folks is that they seem to think that if they believe it should be legal, there shouldn't be any repercussions for breaking the law.
What exactly do you think is illegal about selling a firearm in a private sale?