GA Firing Line

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
That's why I also use inverse ETF's.
Still small gains.
If you have $5k, may I suggest 5 Russian AK74s (about $3k) and the rest in surplus ammo.
In Jan 2017, get back to me on that with value.

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
That's called buying.
Regardless, people will invest in what they feel comfortable with.
Small risk = small gains.
the only thing i buy is the premium

silver=money
cash=currency

im converting currency to money

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
Still small gains.
If you have $5k, may I suggest 5 Russian AK74s (about $3k) and the rest in surplus ammo.
i wonder if the machine gun trust owners will feel the same way about their investment if the shitty gun laws are repealed

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
That's why I also use inverse ETF's.
etf is scary for me

im old school and in my younger years i opt to be more risk adverse

as i get older and capital grows i will diversify into more risky endeavors

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
etf is scary for me

im old school and in my younger years i opt to be more risk adverse

as i get older and capital grows i will diversify into more risky endeavors
That is kind of counter conventional wisdom. Usually it's safer to take some gambles when you're young, and start putting funds into more stable investments when you get older.

Reactions: Thenut

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Still small gains.
Might I suggest looking at a 5 and 8 year FAZ chart? Any sort of return to previous highs will make your gain on your guns and ammo look like chicken feed. ETF's are risky, but I can't think of any other investment right now that has the real potential with some big correction turn $500 into $100,000.

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
That is kind of counter conventional wisdom. Usually it's safer to take some gambles when you're young, and start putting funds into more stable investments when you get older.
true. if you fail it gives you a chance to start over.

but not only is a dollar worth more now today, it has a larger impact

hard to invest 3K versus 30K. what i mean to say is i need more disposable money for investments. at some point i am going to sell alot of my ammo and guns, i figure i will use that to invest with. or put down on a house. probably the best investment honestly

Reactions: Laufen

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
Might I suggest looking at a 5 and 8 year FAZ chart? Any sort of return to previous highs will make your gain on your guns and ammo look like chicken feed. ETF's are risky, but I can't think of any other investment right now that has the real potential with some big correction turn $500 into $100,000.
Potential to turn $500 into $100k? Sure, very slim chance though, and definitely not a single transaction deal.
Get back to me next January in case I forget to remind you. I did that AK74 investment I mentioned, and I'm curious myself what it will be worth. We'll see. I doubt it's just chicken feed, expect value to at least double. Maybe in less than a year.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Potential to turn $500 into $100k? Sure, very slim chance though, and definitely not a single transaction deal.
Get back to me next January in case I forget to remind you. I did that AK74 investment I mentioned, and I'm curious myself what it will be worth. We'll see. I doubt it's just chicken feed, expect value to at least double. Maybe in less than a year.
It certainly is a single transaction deal. Buy $500 worth of FAZ now, sell later. It's been very good to me. Hell it's up 7% in 3 hours.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Also, at the end of the day I'm not a federally licensed firearms dealer so I can't purchase with intent to sell at a profit. I can legally purchase stocks with the intention of profiting though.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Also, at the end of the day I'm not a federally licensed firearms dealer so I can't purchase with intent to sell at a profit. I can legally purchase stocks with the intention of profiting though.

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
It certainly is a single transaction deal. Buy $500 worth of FAZ now, sell later. It's been very good to me. Hell it's up 7% in 3 hours.
I guess it depends on when you invested.
When did you buy?
Statistically, according to etf.com:
Last month up 4.46%
Last year down 18.75%
Last 3 years down 44.57%
But then again, statistically with stocks what goes down must come up.
I may give it a try

Last edited:

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I guess it depends on when you invested.
When did you buy?
Statistically, according to etf.com:
Last month up 4.46%
Last year down 18.75%
Last 3 years down 44.57%
But then again, statistically with stocks what goes down must come up.
I may give it a try
The latest round was purchased at about $40 a share. But yeah, it looks pretty abysmal right now if you look at the chart and that's the time I like to buy. The djia has been soldiering on despite reality, but it has to eventually break again. When it does, your 3x inverse etf's are just sitting there skyrocketing in value. Right now ti costs so little to get in the game, I can't imagine it's not worth the gamble.

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
The latest round was purchased at about $40 a share. But yeah, it looks pretty abysmal right now if you look at the chart and that's the time I like to buy. The djia has been soldiering on despite reality, but it has to eventually break again. When it does, your 3x inverse etf's are just sitting there skyrocketing in value. Right now ti costs so little to get in the game, I can't imagine it's not worth the gamble.

You should have bought Aug 18th and sold Aug 25th (nice gain there if you look at the chart)

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
You should have bought Aug 18th and sold Aug 25th (nice gain there if you look at the chart)
Yeah, I had a shot at making a big chunk and I should have pulled the trigger. This little fund is just my home run hitter though.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Spot is $13.91. Think it'll drop much more?

I have no idea where the bottom may end up being, but that's the lowest I've seen silver since I started following precious metals. (relatively, the hour to hour lows may have fallen ten cents under that number).

I wish I'd known you could buy gold and silver back in about 2004 after I'd been working a real job for a couple years.