GA Firing Line

SilencerCo Maxim Yea or Nay?

• Total voters

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I want to see some longer term reliability tests. But since I'm assuming it will do fine then I say yes.

thebull

Noveske till my pants fall off
Apr 9, 2016
Vinnings
Zip code
Want really bad, check my listing in the classifieds, ill get one and test it out

Jul 14, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
I don't think there is much of a market for these. Although it is cool and I would take one for the right price.. Integral do suppressors make a lot of sense to me on rifles because they can minimize the barrel length while avoiding the SBR stamp which is a pain for many reasons (plus they can be more quiet) . This pistol is too big to carry which makes it basically a range toy. I just don't see the advantage over a regular suppressor which I can take on and off easily. Since there are no laws on barrel length of pistols I can't imagine these becoming very popular.

Patryn

The Prepared Plunderer
Aug 13, 2015
GA
I don't think there is much of a market for these. Although it is cool and I would take one for the right price.. Integral do suppressors make a lot of sense to me on rifles because they can minimize the barrel length while avoiding the SBR stamp which is a pain for many reasons (plus they can be more quiet) . This pistol is too big to carry which makes it basically a range toy. I just don't see the advantage over a regular suppressor which I can take on and off easily. Since there are no laws on barrel length of pistols I can't imagine these becoming very popular.

Dang it man. This is the mother freagin gun you break your glass case cabinet for after you and your whole family were celebrating retirement on an island and while you were having a beer - your family was gunned down by revenge driven sociopaths who held a grudge over someone you popped in the line of duty.

You managed to survive and instead of some Dumbass skull engraved 1911s with compensators - you grab this Maxim integrally suppressed hand cannon and put the fear of God into them as you snuff our their buddies one by one.

Where is your faith man!?

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Do we know anything about the price point?

As it stands I would have to pass. It's ugly and awkward looking. It certainly doesn't have the cool factor of a threaded gun with a can attached. I don't see the appeal of an integrally suppressed pistol anyway. I'm not gonna say it's a novelty, it may very well be the start of something awesome, but it's not for me as it is right now.

That said, if it's surprisingly affordable, I'd probably own one just cause 'merica. But I'd have to hold it, shoot it and be pleasantly surprised first.

DoglegArms

Silencer Dealer of 2015, 2016, 2017
Jul 12, 2015
Dallas, GA
www.doglegarms.com
Zip code
Do we know anything about the price point?

As it stands I would have to pass. It's ugly and awkward looking. It certainly doesn't have the cool factor of a threaded gun with a can attached. I don't see the appeal of an integrally suppressed pistol anyway. I'm not gonna say it's a novelty, it may very well be the start of something awesome, but it's not for me as it is right now.

That said, if it's surprisingly affordable, I'd probably own one just cause 'merica. But I'd have to hold it, shoot it and be pleasantly surprised first.

MSRP $1499. It will sell for that too when introduced.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
MSRP $1499. It will sell for that too when introduced.
Hell yeah it will. Just not to me. I'd rather have a suppressor that I can attach to a host of hosts. A veritable bevy of badassery. Not a can that leaves me stuck with one(probably underwhelming) firearm choice. I just don't see it. It looks like an M&P with that elephantiasis disease.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Hell yeah it will. Just not to me. I'd rather have a suppressor that I can attach to a host of hosts. A veritable bevy of badassery. Not a can that leaves me stuck with one(probably underwhelming) firearm choice. I just don't see it. It looks like an M&P with that elephantiasis disease.

Yeah, she's kinda hot, right...?

IMG_7977.JPG

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
That's what I'm thinking. I'd rather have a suppressor to move around to different hosts, hell, I don't know anything about the pistol aside from the fact that it has an integral suppressor. That's a big commitment on an unproven, and ugly as sin pistol.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
That's what I'm thinking. I'd rather have a suppressor to move around to different hosts, hell, I don't know anything about the pistol aside from the fact that it has an integral suppressor. That's a big commitment on an unproven, and ugly as sin pistol.
If the HPA passes then it would be more feasible, but $1700 (including the stamp) is a lot of money for a pistol.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Just looking at the grip it's clearly an M&P.

Last edited:

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
If the HPA passes then it would be more feasible, but $1700 (including the stamp) is a lot of money for a pistol.
The cost isn't even the issue for me, it's the lack of modularity. I'd pass at $600.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Doesn't float my boat! Bet they don't sell too many to civilians. Might have a use in covert ops but still a large gun to tote. You would think that with all the materials and technology available that it could have been trimmed down a bit. Plus, there will be a time when hot ammo will have to be shot and then a suppressor is not so stealthy!