Shootin range deserted...

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

BeyondTheBox

Woodsman
Jan 7, 2013
The Great NorthWest
Mine sux! They're only open range for handguns on Saturdays from 630 to 9pm. There's only room for 12 people, so if you're not at the door by 615 you're sol. I've only ever shot there once of the five times I've gone to. It's only gotten worse since this impending ban/control doom too.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

millsriver

Hunter
Jun 21, 2012
North Carolina
It seems that as soon as I get the idea to go to the range, a nagging thought also pops up. How much loaded ammo in that caliber do I have left? And, how is my stock of primers, bullets and powder? I do not like the current environment, but we have all been here before.

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
Heading to the Marksman shooting range in Akron Saturday, going to get to shoot my friends new LC380! Put a few hundred 22LR's down range with my SR22 and 5 or 10 rounds with my .357 snubby. Still hoarding my 9's, not rich here.

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Yeah...real interested on that 380 Ron! post up please...guess I'll put a few through my LCR.38 sat at my range. Still have about 20 boxes of 38's..so I guess I'm good in putting 50 downrange.

TRIGGER_1

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
Athens, GA USA
Gonna rain here for 4 more days in a row.... :'(

Guess the shootin range will be deserted that much more.... :-\

Hope you all have fun goin shootin.....
Shootingsoldier.gif

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
RugerRon60 said:
I was at Stonewall 5 maybe 6 weeks ago. If my friend that just bought that LC380 last week wants to shoot it this weekend I will take her to the one in Akron because I really want to shoot it, but I will just shoot my HP22a and SR22PB. I am about done range shooting after that as well till the panic is over. Thinking about getting me a nice air pistol. This panic stuff really is a bummer.
Finally stopped at Stonewall to check progress. The indoor range is still under repair. Another customer said the lead hoppers on the roof were the cause of structural damage to the roof and wall. They have never been cleaned in well over 30 years of constant use. I have no idea about the requirements of an indoor range so maybe someone can tell me if I was fed a crock or not.

Their gunshop was 3 customers deep and paperwork was being filled out all over the place. They have 30 or so yards of display cases and they're now about 1/2 full. Mostly with higher end handguns. They are now offerring the CCW course at $175 with all classes filled through March 24th.

i guess Marksman or Hickory Ridge are the ranges of choice for a while.

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Re: Shootin range deserted... The GREAT Y2K OR THE GREAT 2013 TAKE AWAY SCARE

Dead! Stopped by my local and counter was busy selling guns, range had one guy on the lane. Rest of the lanes were deserted.Every time I go to all the Walmarts I will see two to three guys just starring at the empty shelves. I'm afraid that the gun owners have frenzied themselves right out of the sport. No need to worry about the government taking away guns, the gun enthusiast and newbies have taken care of that for them by destroying the ammo market. Don't blame Uncle Sam, Obama, or whatever. The blame is all the gun owners who listen to so much crap from each other. Chicken little or THE GREAT Y2K SCARE. Seems no one wants to ever take moment and just weigh out reality. Most don't even know that Obama or any president cannot just take away guns. Not that he even said he was or wanted to. You have a Republican controlled congress and the gun debate could last decades. The same chicken little's did the same thing back in 2008-2009 and it was ridiculous then as it is now. I predict that it will be a long time before things are back to normal, if they even ever will be.

Northern_Son

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
The Heart of Ohio
Newbies and filled CCW courses are a good thing. The wife took the course last Sunday and came home thrilled with how much more comfortable she was with "her LCP" (that used to be my pistol) and everthing surrounding defensive carry and shooting. She talked about taking more advanced courses and is looking at gun totin' mama purses. This friends is a big deal and every woman we can get to flip to this way of thinking is a win.

As long as we can keep the regulatory environment from killing it, the supply will catch up with demand. I think the best thing we can do right now is make friends with a newbie (or make old friends into gun newbies), cough some of our stashed ammo up and meet them at the range. Bonus points if they are a female.

My two cents...

M

mukwah

I like that line of thinking Northern Son! You have a good point.

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
:)

An old friend of mine and I went to an out in the country range this afternoon around 3:00 p.m. 41 Degree Temperature and it rained all day. Oh well.

There were 6 people on the range when we got there. We both let off a couple of hundred rounds each of .22LR. I'd picked up 1,250 rounds shopping around this week. So my stash is hardly depleted.

I also ran into a 100 rounds of .380 this week, so next week it's going to be a .380 trip.

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Took my sister Richard and her daughter Jocelyn to the range today (Richard is actually Kathleen..but my bro Barry and I wanted a brother after 4 sisters...so we call her Richard) There was a master gunner there teaching a class of 28 teachers of pistol training how to teach their students. I joined in and really got a lot out of the session. We did have to wait an hour for a lane..but it was a good hour.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
framedcraig1 said:
Took my sister Richard and her daughter Jocelyn to the range today (Richard is actually Kathleen..but my bro Barry and I wanted a brother after 4 sisters...so we call her Richard)

That is some funny business right there.

millsriver

Hunter
Jun 21, 2012
North Carolina
Our range is seeing fewer people and shorter sessions. We had a Gun Show here in January and there were sales on ammo by the case. I was just over helping a friend set up before tomorrow's show and there are currently booths going up advertising that they will "Buy Ammo". How things change in a couple of months.

Verticoli

Personal philosophy? Clothing optional.
Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
I've been told I could sell some of my Mini Mags and make a little profit. I can't see it, we need ammo too.
215818_10200824676481575_205427376_n.jpg

I know it's a gun range, but a bullet hole in the NRA sign? :eek:

R

rayzer007

That's a good picture Vert. I'm amazed; I had you pictured in my mind as a short Italian guy! ::)

Ray