Shootin range deserted...

GA Firing Line

TRIGGER_1

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
Athens, GA USA
Went to the shootin range again today and....Nobody there again...... :-\

We have 400 members...Are they all out of ammo or just saving the ammo for brighter days... ::)

M

mukwah

I would say they are conserving ammo. I myself have put off a couple of range trips just holding on to what I got. Not seeing any light at the end of the tunnel anytime soon! :-\

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
No kidding Trig. Our range seems busier every time I go. i've had to wait for a lane a few times. never had to do that a few months ago.

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
Re: Shooting range deserted...

framedcraig1 said:
No kidding Trig. Our range seems busier every time I go. i've had to wait for a lane a few times. never had to do that a few months ago.

Same here usually a 30 minute wait, last weekend 2 hours! But at my range I think it's all the newbies shooting their new gun(s) as I see few range bags and people carrying one weapon in the plastic case it came in. I am down to just shooting my 22's at the range can't really afford (or just to cheap) $22.95 a box for 9mm's FMJ's. I hope my friend that bought the LC380 last weekend is going to the range this weekend. I have to shoot that thing. As mukwah mentioned I too am not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel yet. Little nervous frankly due to stupidity is like a disease the way it spreads. Plus the news media around here is really hitting it hard about gun control.

M

mukwah

bigdogdaddy said:
Looked out the window today. Nobody at my shooting range either! Too busy. :'(
Where did you say your range was? Think we need to pay it a visit!!LOL :p

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
My range has been dead for a long while now. A lot of people at the counter buying guns out. Buying guns and cannot even get ammo for them.A lot of first time buyers. Most will just keep them on the shelf anyway. I have given up shooting powder burners indefinitely. Enjoying my air rifles. Just felt like the constant hassle of tyring to find ammo was getting really old.

Northern_Son

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
The Heart of Ohio
I go to the Riverside Range (Pro Armament) in Akron OH. I go on Saturday about once a month with a buddy who lives there. Two weeks ago we waited outside in REALLY cold temps for them to open and we still didn't get in line in time to be in the first set.

Good news is a lot of newbies and many of them women. The more we can make this a women's right to self-defense issue the better for us all.

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
I occassionally go to Stonewall in Broadview Hts, Ohio. Stopped earlier this week and as everyone said, only a few cars. Turned out they were the repair crew rebuilding the back wall. It collapsed.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
If you guys lived nearby we would give the home range a good workout and scare the neighbors half to death. Although they are probably used to it. The best part of it all is when people sit in my wife's little gazeebo and say "What are those sandbags for?" My wife usually explains that this is actually my bench rest, not her gazeebo. Only time she ever really got mad was when she stepped on a 45 brass with here bare foot. ::)

M

mukwah

bigdogdaddy said:
If you guys lived nearby we would give the home range a good workout and scare the neighbors half to death. Although they are probably used to it. The best part of it all is when people sit in my wife's little gazeebo and say "What are those sandbags for?" My wife usually explains that this is actually my bench rest, not her gazeebo. Only time she ever really got mad was when she stepped on a 45 brass with here bare foot. ::)
Like to see a pic of that "gazeebo bench rest"BDD! That's gotta be a kewl way to shoot!

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
3Coyotes said:
I occassionally go to Stonewall in Broadview Hts, Ohio. Stopped earlier this week and as everyone said, only a few cars. Turned out they were the repair crew rebuilding the back wall. It collapsed.

I would have loved to see what that wall looked like. Have you seen how their gun and ammo inventory has been looking lately?

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
I've joined the people who cut back on range time so I didn't go inside and haven't been since the Holidays. They usually have a really good if not a little pricier inventory of everything except the stuff I want to buy. I guess I should see what the showroom condition is.

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
Re: Shooting range deserted...

I was at Stonewall 5 maybe 6 weeks ago. If my friend that just bought that LC380 last week wants to shoot it this weekend I will take her to the one in Akron because I really want to shoot it, but I will just shoot my HP22a and SR22PB. I am about done range shooting after that as well till the panic is over. Thinking about getting me a nice air pistol. This panic stuff really is a bummer.

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
Haven't been to the one in Akron, but my son likes it. It's on the way home from UofA.
I think I will stop at Stonewall to browse on the way home after work today.