Georgia
closer look at a baffle
bullet6.jpg

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
I'm sort of conflicted. It's probably fine for Rimfire, but silencers are lifetime investments for us Americans.
I sort of had the same thought, it's just rimfire. But this one would need to be well proven before I ever considered buying one. I'd also be concerned about what happens if Ruger decides they don't want to play in the suppressor game down the line and support disappeared overnight.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
I sort of had the same thought, it's just rimfire. But this one would need to be well proven before I ever considered buying one. I'd also be concerned about what happens if Ruger decides they don't want to play in the suppressor game down the line and support disappeared overnight.
im wondering if baffle erosion and ease of cleaning is affected by the rougher surface of a cast baffle.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
The surface texture made me think it might be a pain to clean. And wonder if any subsurface defects would create an issue with ultrasonic use?

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
for the same money as a Spectre II, I'll take the Spectre II every time. Until this thing is proven in time to be superior, but I don't see that happening.