Ruger "American" in .243...

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Just shot my all american 243 with 2 of my grandasons yesterday. What a sweet rifle! Got a 2" group at 150 yards with first 4 rounds. My grandson Jake did exactly the same group size first time shooting this gun. I have a vortex scope on her, and she's dialed right in. My other grandson, Brig, got all of his on the target first time he has ever shot a rifle!. It is a real joy to shoot, and is a great rifle in every way. Pretty hard to beat this rifle for $350. Gotta get to a range that I can try her out to 3-4 hundred yards....

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
bigdogdaddy said:
framedcraig1 said:
Pretty hard to beat this rifle for $350.

I agree 100%. However, I am on a total spending freeze until further notice! :eek:

My FFL price does beat that! :D :D All calibers are the same price and they have .30-06, .270, .243, .308. 7mm-08. And they are all in stock. I have 30-06, .270, and a 30-30 rifle as well as an AR, so I don't think I need another rifle. The .270 and 30-06 are good longer range shooters. The 30-30 ballistic-ally is not that great for longer shots IMO. Very good for shorter distances and ammo is cheaper. I dropped a small 10 pt buck many years ago with my 30-06 at about 225 yards. That is generally longer than I like to shoot deer and have not done so, since then.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
If you have not shot one, .243 and it's close cousin the 6mm are just really nice shooting guns. Pretty light recoil but still capable of knocking down about anything you would shoot in Indiana. Nice gun for sure. I have a Ruger M77 in .270 and it is not as much fun to shoot. :'(

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
bigdogdaddy said:
If you have not shot one, .243 and it's close cousin the 6mm are just really nice shooting guns. Pretty light recoil but still capable of knocking down about anything you would shoot in Indiana. Nice gun for sure. I have a Ruger M77 in .270 and it is not as much fun to shoot. :'(

Now you know everything is bigger in Texas! ;) ;)

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
BDD. I have also shot the M77. This one is a beauty to shoot, and is dead....on!. Doug ...everything is bigger in Texas?!....Maybe they have an indoor range down by you guys with a 300 yard indoor range... Mines only 100 yards. Guess I'm going down to West mountain again...;) Trig needs to see those 300 yard targets with little clean holes in em....

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
framedcraig1 said:
BDD. I have also shot the M77. This one is a beauty to shoot, and is dead....on!. Doug ...everything is bigger in Texas?!....Maybe they have an indoor range down by you guys with a 300 yard indoor range... Mines only 100 yards. Guess I'm going down to West mountain again...;) Trig needs to see those 300 yard targets with little clean holes in em....

Who needs indoor when you have so much land. We don't have many indoor ranges around me, actually very few. If I need long targets to shoot at, I go to my friends ranch and shoot as far as I want. My local range has 200 yard targets. When you cross into TX from Louisiana on IH-10, one of the very first signs is a mileage sign that says 892 miles to El Paso. :eek:. That is a long way to go and still be in the same state. Travel from Brownsville to the top of the Tx panhandle is just slightly longer.