Reality Check: Full auto ratings

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Honest question. How many rounds at relatively rapid fire can a non full auto can handle? As in do you need a full auto rated suppressor if your going to be using one in a carbine class shooting a lot of rounds in quick succession?

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I like overbuilt shit. I don't care about weight as much as I care about longevity and durability. For me, cans are a lifetime purchase and they'll see their share of abuse. I'll happily carry some extra ounces because my penis will get that happy tingly feeling it likes knowing I'm packing overbuilt gear.

Also, my f/a rated 22 rimfire can is rated for 5.7 or 17 WSM, and I like the option of someday suppressing one. I wasn't looking at price when picking a rimfire can, I was looking for quality. If I would have had an option for beltfed rated, I would have done it.

Yeah it's damned heavy, but working at home has allowed me to really work on my "forearm strength".

Last edited:

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
I shoot full auto through non full auto rated cans.

Don't shoot me.

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Because I can ! If I end up with an extra 25k some day I'm ready for FA. Overbuilt to under shoot for now keeps me not worried about it and enjoying my time at the range.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
I like overbuilt shit. I don't care about weight as much as I care about longevity and durability. For me, cans are a lifetime purchase and they'll see their share of abuse. I'll happily carry some extra ounces because my penis will get that happy tingly feeling it likes knowing I'm packing overbuilt gear.

Also, my f/a rated 22 rimfire can is rated for 5.7 or 17 WSM, and I like the option of someday suppressing one. I wasn't looking at price when picking a rimfire can, I was looking for quality. If I would have had an option for beltfed rated, I would have done it.

Yeah it's damned heavy, but working at home has allowed me to really work on my "forearm strength".
Yea but this isn't just overbuilt. Having a can made to shoot 300 thundercunt but shooting 556 out of a 16" barrel is like buying an AR10 to shoot 556. It's just heavy as hell.

Like guys buying stainless cans who won't clean them in ways exclusive to steel. Your just carrying more weight making your gun more impractical.

Last edited:

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Yea but this isn't just overbuilt. Having a can made to shoot 300 thunder in but shooting 556 out of a 16" barrel is like buying an AR10 to shoot 556. It's just heavy as hell.

Like guys buying stainless cans who won't clean them in ways exclusive to steel. Your just carrying more weight making your gun more impractical.
I overcome that by massive amounts of masturbation via a work at home schedule.

But yeah, I would't buy a 300UM rated can for 5.56, but I will buy the beefiest, hairiest caliber appropriate can I'm able to find.

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
Hell, if I was able to afford one for 338 lapua, I would. I want cans for the rifles I dont own YET., not just own now.

That said, I would never buy a dedicated 5.56 can unless it was WAY lighter. Even then, meh.

Reactions: PewPewPewCo

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Yea but this isn't just overbuilt. Having a can made to shoot 300 thundercunt but shooting 556 out of a 16" barrel is like buying an AR10 to shoot 556. It's just heavy as hell.

If I wanted a relatively inexpensive can I could use on my AR and my .308 deer rifle, that could handle running through carbine classes, and falls in the middle of the weight ranges which would you recommend?

I've been thinking about starting a suppressor fund to start saving for one.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
If I wanted a relatively inexpensive can I could use on my AR and my .308 deer rifle, that could handle running through carbine classes, and falls in the middle of the weight ranges which would you recommend?

I've been thinking about starting a suppressor fund to start saving for one.
QD or direct thread?

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
THIS... /THREAD

KGmade

Frontiersman
Apr 14, 2016
Marietta, Ga
kgmade.net
Zip code
Id rather have/manufacture suppressors that I would never have to worry about, than to hope I dont damage them. Sure, my octane is rated for 300blk subs, but I will never shoot them through it. Sure, when I bought my specwar I had no intentions of getting an M16. But now that I have a post sample, I can throw it on it and not worry about a thing. My outlook would be a little different if they werent regulated by the NFA, but since they are, they are lifetime purchases and I want them to last a lifetime.

Reactions: Red Dawn