Howard Law

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
FINALLY..... I got it home and on the workbench. Maybe I can actually tinker on it some this weekend.

IMG_0204.JPG

Reactions: SouthernSlammed

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Had some extra time this morning to tanker on the 3.3. The engine is turning smoothly now. The carburetor looked good to go. I'm going to save the carburetor rebuild kit for future and give it a shot. So if that little puppy will start up tonight. Now time to go get a butt load of AA batteries or my "work flashlight."

Oh, sidenote the whole time I was tinkering with it Pantera was stuck in my head. "I'm Broken." And guess what just came on the radio? It's going to be a good Friday!:cool:

Reactions: SouthernSlammed

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Oy..... Tried to fire up the mini beast this afternoon. Couldn't get ignition. Checked the glow plug, it looked fine. Had a fresh bottle of nitro, fresh EZ start battery. I looked at the carburetor the other day. It looked fine. Tearing it down to completely clean it tonight. Any other ideas?

IMG_0253.JPG

SouthernSlammed

Gingerbeard Operator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2015
Fapville
Zip code
Oy..... Tried to fire up the mini beast this afternoon. Couldn't get ignition. Checked the glow plug, it looked fine. Had a fresh bottle of nitro, fresh EZ start battery. I looked at the carburetor the other day. It looked fine. Tearing it down to completely clean it tonight. Any other ideas?

View attachment 29936

A good cleaning won't hurt. Check the glow plug is getting hot! Make sure that fuel is completely primed to the carb, might have to blow into the exhaust. Try pulling on it with the glow plug loosened, if it fires up tighten while it's running.

Reactions: Rwjeter

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code

View attachment 29936
Glow plug. It's always the damn glow plugs. And if you get a good glow plug in it then the glow starter is going to be dead. I don't miss nitro one little bit.

Did you pull the glow plug out and attach the glow starter to verify that it's glowing good and strong? If it's a faint glow or not glowing just change it. Even new plugs are bad sometimes.

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Glow plug. It's always the damn glow plugs. And if you get a good glow plug in it then the glow starter is going to be dead. I don't miss nitro one little bit.

Did you pull the glow plug out and attach the glow starter to verify that it's glowing good and strong? If it's a faint glow or not glowing just change it. Even new plugs are bad sometimes.
I pulled the glow plug this morning and put it in my starter. Cherry red almost instantly. I'm gonna finish cleaning the carb and try blowing the exhaust to prime it. Maybe that'll get it going.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I pulled the glow plug this morning and put it in my starter. Cherry red almost instantly. I'm gonna finish cleaning the carb and try blowing the exhaust to prime it. Maybe that'll get it going.
I don't recall ever have to clean the carb in a nitro car, and mine would sit for years with fuel in them sometimes.

Reactions: Rwjeter

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Haha! She lives! And she's just as fast as always! Almost took myself out..... lol. Switching from forward to reverse is sticking a little though.