Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Rccrawler.com for most things. Lots of vendors on there too.

I'm assuming you bought a kit that was already pre-assembled? Any good places around to buy locally or did you order online?

Darkdiesel

Hunter
Jul 8, 2015
There's a new hobby shop/ track in jasper. And a couple rednecks in Cartersville (i think) that built their farm up for people to come race/ bash. BBC outdoors on Facebook (don't think they thought thru the name all the way) and gateway hobby.

I have a yeti xl, hobao 1/8 st, merv vxl plus the kids trucks.

Reactions: Jake

Okuma

Proprietor
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 26, 2016
Zip code
I'm assuming you bought a kit that was already pre-assembled? Any good places around to buy locally or did you order online?

Which truck? The yota was pieced together from axial parts. The wraith was bought used,but ready to run. Just add controller and battery.

Online will save you some $ over going to hobby town.

Check out rccrawler.com axial section.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Which truck? The yota was pieced together from axial parts. The wraith was bought used,but ready to run. Just add controller and battery.

Online will save you some $ over going to hobby town.

Check out rccrawler.com axial section.

I think I'm gonna order a Wraith from Tower Hobbies online.

Edit: Says they are backordered until late July. I'm gonna call my friend and see if his mom can get me one from her Hobby Shop in Loganville.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code

Edit: Says they are backordered until late July. I'm gonna call my friend and see if his mom can get me one from her Hobby Shop in Loganville.
Let me know if you come out here, I may swing by too.

Also, you should check out the Traxxas summit.

Reactions: Jake and Rwjeter

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code

That's a bad mama jama. I can't decide if I want to go all Electric though. How's the battery life? At least with nitro I can top off the tank and just keep a few AA and 9V laying around and I'm good to go all day. Or until I beak something. So usually around 9ish. In the morning......

chance

Tracker
Jul 15, 2015
Ga
Zip code
That's a bad mama jama. I can't decide if I want to go all Electric though. How's the battery life? At least with nitro I can top off the tank and just keep a few AA and 9V laying around and I'm good to go all day. Or until I beak something. So usually around 9ish. In the morning......
My friend has a nice summit for sale. Electric is the way to go. Grab a few batteries and you can drive continuously by rotating then through the charger. They are way more powerful than nitro too. And way quieter

Reactions: Rwjeter

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Nah man, nitro is antiquated at this point. Electric seems expensive, but what you spend on batteries and a good charger probably isn't any more than what you'd spend on fuel, pistons and sleeves. The torque and throttle response is on a whole different level.

I was hesitant to make the switch and I'd never go back. The charger was probably the hardest thing to pull the trigger on. I have this one.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/HRC441...262641316450&gclid=CI2qn5D4_tMCFVU8gQod548B7A

I can keep batteries going faster than you can stop for fuel. And can charge on my car battery.

Reactions: Rwjeter

SouthernSlammed

Gingerbeard Operator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2015
Fapville
Zip code

Heard that shop in Loganville has been around a while! I need to get up there to see what she got for the Hellfire!

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Heard that shop in Loganville has been around a while! I need to get up there to see what she got for the Hellfire!
They've never been good about keeping a lot of parts in stock. It's getting hard to find parts for anything that ain't traxxas. I used to be all hpi, but traxxas support, parts availability and customer service is unmatched. I've had them replace motors and esc that I burned up doing stupid shit like overpowering or submerging in water beyond its limits. No questions asked. Try getting some helpful Texan on the phone at hpi or axial...

Reactions: SouthernSlammed

SouthernSlammed

Gingerbeard Operator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2015
Fapville
Zip code
They've never been good about keeping a lot of parts in stock. It's getting hard to find parts for anything that ain't traxxas. I used to be all hpi, but traxxas support, parts availability and customer service is unmatched.

And HPI was recently bought out, so it's likely no more. I need to pick up anything I can to hold on to!

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I might eventually get an electric drift! Those look awesome!
The 1/16 scale stuff can be really fun. I've got the mini revo and my buddy has the rally. You can drift that rally pretty good. He has some friends that set up a big drift course on the slick concrete floor in the back warehouse of his dad's print shop. It's pretty cool to watch.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code

Will do.

Hmmm, I'll have to check it out. Are the Summits as easy to upgrade and change suspension parts, etc. around like the Axial? I like the fact that the Axial has so many aftermarket parts available. If I wanted to do a triangulated 4 link with heim joints I can do that, or run a standard longarm setup with some new control arms. I like the Axial because it's basically just a mini Jeep and I know a ton about Jeeps already so the learning curve would be minimal.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code

It has been. They used to be in Snellville right by hwy 78 and hwy 124 but they moved to Loganville several years ago. I've been friends with the family that owns that shop for almost 30 years. They've always been very helpful to me and given me a good deal but, like @Willy Leadwell has said before, their prices are higher than most of the big box hobby shops and they don't have as good of a selection. They've always been able to order me whatever I wanted/needed though.

Reactions: SouthernSlammed

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Will do.

Hmmm, I'll have to check it out. Are the Summits as easy to upgrade and change suspension parts, etc. around like the Axial? I like the fact that the Axial has so many aftermarket parts available. If I wanted to do a triangulated 4 link with heim joints I can do that, or run a standard longarm setup with some new control arms. I like the Axial because it's basically just a mini Jeep and I know a ton about Jeeps already so the learning curve would be minimal.
http://www.integy.com/st_main.html?p_catid=266#.WSCNdIEpDYU

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
HobbyTown USA in Duluth might be a "big box" store, but it's also a locally owned, mom and pop run franchise. 90% of the time the owner is on the sales floor or behind the cars/trucks counter. Phillip, the main surface vehicle guy, has been there at least 10, probably 12-15 years. No one knows his stuff better. They're very helpful. Same faces that I see when I walk in there now are the same faces from 15 years ago.

Reactions: Jake and Rwjeter